Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project Cars @ BHCC
Hi

nice thought...but no D is 6k these days.

i did discuss with them the white one they had a while back. Egnine parts missing, write off....2 spare wheels inplace of propper wheels missing louvres, bad interior, and they would not come under 10k for that...

then next email it had sold!.

makes you wonder where these go to.
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
And where they come from...
- DeLoryan
VIN 5219
Oct 81, Grey interior, 
manual, grooved hood
DOC 876
My £6k comment, was for the price of a new chassis frame....not for the price of a fixer-upper.

(Although I did buy one for that that price some 18 years ago!)!....same spec,  as it happens Black interior Auto.  Those days are long gone  I'm afraid.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
(04 Aug 2019, 07:20)Chris P Wrote: My £6k comment, was for the price of a new chassis frame....not for the price of a fixer-upper.

(Although I did buy one for that that price some 18 years ago!)!....same spec,  as it happens Black interior Auto.  Those days are long gone  I'm afraid.

Hi..

Sorry...i meant 2.5k likely for frame only no labour

its doable but a lot of time! or alot of money if you pay someone.

i would say worth 10-12k
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
Not really a project car but from BHCC: https://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/1983...-10267.htm   $44,500 hard to find a fault, but shouldn't be at that price.
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Seen on Facebook.

Get it before BHCC does!
Located in Los Angeles.

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/ctd/...03505.html

No Engine
DOC 116
VIN 6237
It doesn't say anything about the engine...and no pictures of engine bay. 

You've got to wonder how hot it gets in there! Perhaps the engine 'melted away?"  Blush
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
It says no motor. So im guessing it comes with no engine
- DeLoryan
VIN 5219
Oct 81, Grey interior, 
manual, grooved hood
DOC 876
Blush Aghhh completely missed that.....there seems to be a shortage of Delorean engines at the moment.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Probably being used to keep the more reliable Volvo's on the road  Big Grin
- DeLoryan
VIN 5219
Oct 81, Grey interior, 
manual, grooved hood
DOC 876
A Mechanic friend, (who gave me his engine when he scrapped his own Volvo)...said that the Volvo engine had a weakness in its camshaft oiling, sometimes causing high mileage engines to fail . This had been sorted in the DeLorean engine.....so perhaps its the other way around ?  The only Delorean engines ive known to fail have either been fitted with a turbo, of suffered block rot or similar, caused by standing for years. They are a very robust engine.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Interesting. As far as im aware, the PRV is a very reliable engine. Its more the kjet that causes problems.
- DeLoryan
VIN 5219
Oct 81, Grey interior, 
manual, grooved hood
DOC 876
I like the K Jet system. When its originally and correctly set up and all its other associated components are working ok, they work well and are very reliable.  They  can't really 'go out of adjustment'.  The problems arise when folk  "mess with them" or if it's been neglected ..for years and some small components seize-up or fail.

It was an essential part in getting the emissions through the strict  US  regulations. It's fitted to loads of other engines from Fords, VW's to Mercs., plus Peugeot, Renault, Volvo etc.  Without the K Jet...there would be no car....simple as that. 

The alternative would be a carburettor.......which are nothing like as efficient ......and allow much more damp and weather and muck, to enter an engine, if its stood for a long time.

I've always thought that the high survival rate of a neglected DeLorean car,  is mainly because of the semi-sealed nature of the engine......thanks to the K Jet systems. ..... Just my opinion.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Not really a project car but advertised non the less, very nice original BAE turbo car: https://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/1981...-10299.htm  Looks very nice.... however it does seem to have an interesting modification to the FFE, this asks the question why and is there anything nasty lurking under? Also some interesting front brake cooling ducts.
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
£36.5k at current exchange rates (although plus shipping, etc), doesn't seem too a bad price tbh.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie