Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project Cars @ BHCC
By gum....yours looks almost 'Concourse" by comparison Matt!

A heck of a lot of work!  I'm a bit concerned about that missing piece of inlet manifold...could have let a lot of damp in the top end of the engine..? Sad
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Ooof.
Newbie question since I want to start “training my eye” to these. How would you guys rate this latest one (1 to 10 rating for each of the areas below):

- Exterior (stainless panels)
- Interior
- Engine
- Underside

Thanks!
It's hard to make a judgement call on the stainless because those could be dents or just filth. I think there might be something up with the right wing where it meets the fascia, it's hard to be sure though. There's the eyebrow issue on the doors over the windscreen which is something I have, but it might be a 7. It's really hard to tell the state of the fascias under that paint. The paint has peeled but it makes it looks like there's cracks or filler on it.

I'd say a 2 on the interior, I have carpets like that and you just can't get the marks out. The seats obviously need new covers and new foam, all the dash and console bits need replacing or recovering, and the headliners have gone. One of the inner door panels look ok from what I can see, but the bolster panels are falling apart too and they're not easily replaced.

Can't answer on the other two, but the chassis looks ok from here.
Personally, I would rate their latest offering as an overall 3. So much needs doing to that car. Makes me laugh they claim its an "example for some light restoration". Who are they trying to kid?

Front of the chassis is showing rust, how deep is hard to tell but i would expect to see more rust within the cavity the fuel tank sits too.

The car also appears to have the wrong rear rims/tyres.
- DeLoryan
VIN 5219
Oct 81, Grey interior, 
manual, grooved hood
DOC 876
Most area's would need further examination or detailed photo's to be sure but.... At a glance:-

Exterior ( stainless ) 6-7
Exterior fenders/Bumpers. 2-4
Interior 2-3
Engine. 3-4 to be cautious.
Underside 4-5
W/screan £450 to replace? .....Just my opinion.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Light grey wheels:

[Image: 40748648233_6388024773_b.jpg]

Dark grey wheel (painted? Appears to be chipping)

[Image: 46798842725_60016e56dd_b.jpg]

Light grey, and this one looks weird - is it a front wheel on the back or just a really tiny tyre? It's messing with my mind.

[Image: 46798842765_8e94179b3b_b.jpg]

That one is up for $5k less than mine was with them, but there's easily more than $5k extra to do on it.
(27 Apr 2019, 19:01)DMC1983 Wrote: Personally, I would rate their latest offering as an overall 3. So much needs doing to that car. Makes me laugh they claim its an "example for some light restoration". Who are they trying to kid?

Front of the chassis is showing rust, how deep is hard to tell but i would expect to see more rust within the cavity the fuel tank sits too.

The car also appears to have the wrong rear rims/tyres.

That’s hilarious, but looks like it’s their standard template... all listings say the same thing [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you usually negotiate on price with BHCC?
The blurb on mine was... optimistic

https://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/1981...c-8373.htm
(27 Apr 2019, 19:18)Matt Clark Wrote: The blurb on mine was... optimistic

https://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/1981...c-8373.htm

Ohhh that’s you! I follow you on Instagram! Glad to see you here as well Smile

It's a tricky one, you would probably pick it up for less than advertised price and would 'probably' be the cheapest project around anywhere. But it needs a lot of work and looks to have been stored in a damp environment. So heed all the above comments. I think it's worth a punt assuming you can do the work, but it would probably need a frame off to replace the FFE and then start from there!
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
(27 Apr 2019, 20:34)Chris Williams Wrote: It's a tricky one, you would probably pick it up for less than advertised price and would 'probably' be the cheapest project around anywhere. But it needs a lot of work and looks to have been stored in a damp environment. So heed all the above comments. I think it's worth a punt assuming you can do the work, but it would probably need a frame off to replace the FFE and then start from there!
Chris

I definitely need to save some more a get a better one [emoji1]
Thanks everyone for the input! Very helpful!

Another solid looking project car: https://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/1981...c-9729.htm Really nice chassis underneath, seems a reasonable project to me for $19,950
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
(06 May 2019, 07:47)Chris Williams Wrote: Another solid looking project car: https://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/1981...c-9729.htm Really nice chassis underneath, seems a reasonable project to me for $19,950

If only it was a grey interior...

Also, what’s this?
[Image: e866aa70b4f0362687ced5f26a37127a.jpg]

We've seen this one before...... on the 12th of April this year....the interior can be any colour you want......it all needs replacing anyway!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian