Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeLorean Car Show. IWM Duxford 16th August 2015
As part of our main Delorean weekend we will be at IWM Duxford on Sunday the 16th August 2015. For those who are unaware about the weekend the thread is hear: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5440
This will be probably the biggest gathering of DeLoreans in the UK this year and I would like to invite any other DeLorean owners and non owners/interested parties to attend on the Sunday to join us at Duxford to see if we can make this even more of a special event. I'm looking to try to make this a sort of get together of all owners regardless of being in the owners club or using the Eurotec forum, a chance to try and have a get together in a great location and to heal some wounds.
DOC club members will get a free admission ticket to Duxford for the day I will however have discounted (about 32% discount off normal admission prices) tickets available for people either attending with club members, or non members who wish to come along for the day. Parking will be in the museum itself (for DeLorean cars only!) I think this will be a great opportunity for people to get together and have a chat in a nice location and to show our cars to the public.
If any one needs more info then please ask on hear or via 'PM' or via my mobile.
If someone could x-post this I would appreciate it.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Sounds like a brilliant Idea Chris. Well done for suggesting it. As you know I don't usually do much on the Sunday part of the event, but I plan to this time.

We need to start and get some numbers for the Saturday at Lotus……as folk have booked their own hotels, I have only a vague idea of how many are coming….a lot thats for sure!

I speak to Lotus again this week and see if we have a limit on numbers….more later……
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Quote:Sounds like a brilliant Idea Chris. Well done for suggesting it. As you know I don't usually do much on the Sunday part of the event, but I plan to this time.
I like to think so, not so much a brilliant idea, more a way of trying to move on. Both 'clubs' are doing really well so it just goes to show what a high the DeLorean Marque is on at the moment. I spoke to Alistair about this and suggested he spread the word through his forum as well. Hopefully he is of the same opinion as I and thinks it would be a great venue and a neutral place to allow people/cars to have a get together/great day out and heal some wounds.
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Couldn't agree more Chris. I have never liked being involved with 'Feuds" they are so negative.

The DeLorean community is so small in UK (compared to other Marques) that its just daft to be at war with each other. I too have been speaking regularly to Alistair, Julian, and many other owners. I have recently agreed that DCUK ( as well as the DOCUK) can stock our new book. Julian "Bandit", has already been very helpful in shipping out the first large batch of pre-orders books. (And anyway, I need to sell a lot more books before I even get near to 'break even', financially)

When I was recently in Hospital, about to be wheeled down for a heart operation, I thought I saw the 'Grim Reaper' walking slowly past the end of my bed ……it made me reflect on what was really important in this life…..Health, family, friends etc. [ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

Anybody who has time to stir up trouble, has too much time on their hands……they should use their time more productively…..because none of us knows how much of it we have left.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Flipping heck Chris, you need to put a government health warning before you post that picture! Big Grin Big Grin Glad your all OK now though>
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Hi Chris,
Please can you point me in the right direction to buy a couple of tickets for the 16th Aug.
Hopefully, this way my girlfriend will see why I go on about the car so much.
Thanks in advance,
Mike
Quote:Hi Chris,
Please can you point me in the right direction to buy a couple of tickets for the 16th Aug.
Hi Mike,
Not finalised as yet. If you can keep an eye on either this thread or the main Lotus one I will post details when I have exact details. I'm guessing for the Sunday it will probably be easiest to meet up with me at Duxford on the day.
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Hi Chris,
Thanks for the info, will keep looking at whats posted.
Just joined the club, really looking forward to recieving the back issues.
All the best,
Mike
Just as an FYI, copy of part of a newsletter posted out late March to club members giving some more details of this event.:
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
If you can keep an eye on the main thread hear please: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5440 for final details, though a newsletter will go out to club members anyway. However for non DOC club members or those just wishing to visit I will post a copy on hear as well. Remember all are most welcome to come along regardless of being DeLorean car owners or not, those who are simply interested in finding out about the cars or whatever your interest.
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Just to update this thread as well, this is the layout for Sunday for Duxford all as per the other main LOTUS-Duxford weekend. It would (as mentioned at the start of the year) be great if other owners who have not attended a DOC club meet for a few years, or indeed new owners/enthusiasts could come along and lets try to heal a few wounds. No pressure just a chance to have a day out at a nice location

Sunday 16th August:
Drive to IWM Duxford. IWM Duxford is Britain’s best-preserved Second World War airfield, with a fascinating history that dates back to the First World War. Its story reflects the landmark achievements made in aviation history. Historic buildings sit alongside striking contemporary exhibition halls, Airspace and the American Air Museum. Through the rich displays of iconic aircraft and the powerful stories of the men and women involved, shows the impact of aviation on the nature of war and on people’s lives.

With one of the finest collections of tanks, military vehicles and artillery, in our Land Warfare exhibition, we show how technological development impacts on war and conflict. Organised display parking within the museum complex (for DeLorean cars only) Normal museum parking is FOC. This is a huge museum at the side of the M11 (junction 10) approx 50 miles from the hotel heading south-westerly.
One free admission ticket per club member to the museum for the day, additional tickets available to purchase from the club at £12.00 each this is approx 33% discount on normal admission prices for any other adults. Children (age 5-15) are this year being charged at £6.00, again an approx discount of 33% under 5’s are still free of charge.
Entry to the museum: From M11 junction 10 the museum is immediately visible. For non DeLorean cars please use the main museum car park. For DeLorean cars do not use the main car park, drive past the main entrance passing a BP garage on your right. Take the next entrance on the left, this is signposted staff/RVP and is the main gatehouse/staff entrance. You will be directed from here. If you can purchase your entry tickets from me in advance that would be great, I will try and distribute the bulk of the tickets at LOTUS however I will be contactable on: 07915 673889 on the day. Maps/directions will be available.

If you want to just join us during the daytime and not stay at the hotel, then that is no problem at all and of course non-DeLorean owners are very welcome to come along and join the fun too. ALL club members and non members are very welcome to come along to any of the locations or perhaps you may just wish to join us for an evening meal (please pre-book with the hotel). Everyone is more than welcome you don’t have to own or have a roadworthy DeLorean to attend any of the club events.

Main topic hear: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5440&start=30
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584