Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New radiator required maybe
Hi folks back again.

Does anyone have any tips on where best to get a replacement radiator?

The drip on my OEM one is not too great to ignore and refuses to be sealed :-(

I notice Martin G does virtually all new ones for £279 - re-coring is nearly that much. Has anyone got any other reccomendations please?

Cheers Rich
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
I have one of Martins. It's been on the car for about 3-4yrs now.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
I had mine replaced a year ago, I fitted one of Eds from delorean Europes.

Very happy with it temperature gauge stays nice and low , it also gets good reviews from the hotter parts of the us. Built like a tank too.
Simon Wood
DOC 748
VIN #11766
Hi

The Eurotec site has some in stock and they are priced at £200 - http://www.deloreanclub.uk/aluminium-2- ... iator.html.

Having bought stuff from them recently the quality of their products is always good.

Richard
Richard M.
Edenbridge, Kent
VIN 981
Just had a look at my post again. So I quoted the name of the other club and it has been changed automatically to "Spammers site". For goodness sake guys.
Richard M.
Edenbridge, Kent
VIN 981
Haven't checked the part out but I guess that's just a re-sold Ed @ Delorean.eu part and it's what I have fitted and is IMHO very good. I understand there may be other opinions on the use of Ally radiators but it is really well built and Ed has sold a lot of them. Correction, now having looked it does indeed look like one of Ed's.
Direct links have never been allowed as they were so hungry/needy for traffic, not uncommon and its clear in the guidelines. I'm sure direct links back to the DOC are not plastered all over the Eurotec forum. However I have asked for the word censor to be changed.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Why would people have issues about aluminium radiators? It's pretty much the universally used material for them these days....
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
My car has a John Hervy/SpecialTAuto brass radiator the P/O fitted, and it's weeping ever so slightly after ~8 years since installation according to receipts (though since the owner fitted themselves not sure exactly when it went on the car).
VIN 4494, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 757
Find a local radiator repair business and get it recored- a lot cheaper than new and should be good as when done. I had mine recored way back in 2003 and it's done sterling service ever since with no worries, just make sure the system is well flushed out ( I did the heater matrix separately) and especially the block.
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
Quote:Just had a look at my post again. So I quoted the name of the other club and it has been changed automatically to "Spammers site". For goodness sake guys.
To everyone, (especially Richard) firstly I have had the word censor altered, the words ‘DeLorean Club’ were on the censor but had not been used for a long time hence why this had never occurred before. This has now been changed. I do also agree that it is time we moved on. There clearly is room for the two clubs to operate side by side, or at least without constant 'digs' at each other and although things have happened in the past (from all parties) it’s time things started to change a bit. I’m not sure on how all the ‘techy’ stuff works as it’s not my thing so I have to rely on others to do this and sometimes it takes time to change things. Clearly both ‘clubs’ are doing well and clearly there is a need/demand for both so it’s time to put a stop to any silliness and move forward. There have been reasons (again on both sides) why things have been altered/said/wrote but this needs to stop, however multiple links in one posting is probably still a bit over the top! I’m not exactly sure on the way forward that’s beneficial to both but, and as this topic had been discussed prior to this event it’s one of the reasons it was decided to put a reference in Chris and And’s new book to DeLorean Club.
Perhaps a good start would be to start cross posting/promoting each other’s events both to benefit people in the East (I fall in to this) and for when we do events in other parts of the country away from the East. That way everyone in the DeLorean community benefits? Perhaps more so with Eurofest coming up next year. I'm going to lock this topic as I don't think it's a useful one to anyone but everyone knows how to get in touch with me if they wish should they wish to discuss this further.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584