Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seat belt wanted
I'm in urgent need of a drivers side seat belt. Any one know where I can get one. More to the point how do I fit the dam thing Big Grin
Mike
Bingley, West Yorkshire
VIN 2493

"Hey you, get your dam hands off her"
I got a NOS one from Dave Howarth a good few years ago, may be worth a 'quick' call? To fit, you need to remove the interior speaker cover/trim I'm afraid carefully starting with the area around the door frame.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Mike, I'll take a couple of pictures for you at the weekend which should assist you in removing the panel. As Chris mentioned, it requires extreme care.
VIN# 04708, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
Thanks Guys.

Mike, the pics would be a great help. Thanks
Mike
Bingley, West Yorkshire
VIN 2493

"Hey you, get your dam hands off her"
My vinyl was is such a bad and brittle way, I sliced it off with a Stanley knife (other manufacturers knives are available from well known retailers).

I then used black silicone sealant to replace the cut-off stuff. (Still looking for a better solution)

But it doesn't look to bad actually, especially once your inner door seal is put back on.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Mike, will send you the pic's tomorrow afternoon, drop me a pm with your number and I'll send them straight to you.

Rissy Wrote:(Still looking for a better solution)
Lee Pattison can recover them for you - and his work is absolutely top notch.
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
Can Lee do vac-forming? Cause that's what these panels need. It seems to be an art that no-one does any more or simply don't have the kit to do any more...
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
He would repair and recover your existing panels.

However from a recent discussion I had with Dave H, I believe Lee is looking to re-manufacture the side trim panels from fibre glass, if so there is the potential for 'new' panels to become available.
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
Although I'm not overly familiar with the business model value for remanufacturing the 3/4 side inner side panels, I would have thought there would be more value in getting set up for the vac-forming capability for recovering customers original panels rather than completely new ones...?

I might be wrong, but I would consider that most people already have the panels for their car, and they are in a perfectly workable condition, except for the condition of the vinyl which covers them and overlaps for wrapping over the body tub?

I don't see the sense in remanufacturing something which is made of plastic and is not in a position where it's exposed to any constant wear and tear damage (except for the overlap of course). If anyone wants to make a quick buck, getting your hands on a large vac-forming piece of kit and then acquiring the correct type of vinyl, I would say, is the way to go. I'm sure there would be a queue of people all wanting nice new vinyl on their panels...which would cost less to do and cost less to have done for everyone and therefore be of greater value in the business model...? I'd have thought?
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):