Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carfest North 2015
Carfest 2015.

Ok Ladies & Gents here it is….
I have booked and confirmed a Delorean stand at Carfest North.

31st July – 2nd August

Please post your “interest” in attending Carfest North in this thread (including which days and camping requirements)

Kind regards
Darren

For info only

http://www.carfest.org/Content/CarFest- ... nding-Page
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Just to Clarify

We get in for approximately £25 per person per day based upon exhibiting a Delorean (price is for driver & passenger)
There is also extra day passes (subject to availability when all car spaces are taken) for £50/day per adult.
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Hi I would love to attend again this year as a replica time machine :-) all weekend would be good for me :-) cheers
Mike
Bingley, West Yorkshire
VIN 2493

"Hey you, get your dam hands off her"
Darren.

If you can put me down for Sat/Sun for now please. The Friday will take more planning.

JohnC
Hey Darren - any places left? Big Grin
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Hi Rich,

We've met our quota already for Carfest North Saturday & Sunday.
Maybe a space left Friday for you, depends on everyone confirming with me for certain if they want to do Friday.

Regards
Darren
VIN 4532

DOC-574
It’s that time of year when I need to collect the Carfest payments. :oops:

All weekend (Friday, Saturday & Sunday) for a Delorean & 2 persons is £156.00

Camping is £25 per night.

You can arrive anytime from noon on Thursday & leave by noon Monday.

Carfest North is fully booked

Carfest South has 2 spaces Friday & Saturday at £65 a day (car & 2 persons).

You can either send me a cheque or paypal.

The very last limited & high priced public tickets go on sale next week, so if your thinking about it let me know asap (by pm) to secure the last places at Carfest South

It’s going to be a BRILLIANT weekend! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Regards
Darren
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Hi

So who is going to Carfest North next weekend?
Mike
Bingley, West Yorkshire
VIN 2493

Hi Mike,

You
Me & my mate Gary & son
Malc & Gaye with son & daughter Saturday
Ju & Lisa
John C

Big Grin

Spaces still left for South Friday & Saturday :wink:
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Great stuff, see you all there Big Grin
Mike
Bingley, West Yorkshire
VIN 2493

Well…….What an eventful Weekend.
Far too much to list in this short post!
Thanks to everyone who attended and supported Children In Need.
John’s drivers side Lower ball joint sheared while on the last lap of honour on the circuit. Fortunately he was ok and the car was quickly recovered by circuit staff. Within the hour we had telephoned around and a New Lower ball joint, circlip and tools were on its way to Carfest courtesy of nearby Dave Howarth. The car was fixed that afternoon and John was able to drive home.
Saturday was sombre with the unfortunate crash of the air display Gnat. Early indications are that the engine failed as it went quiet and simply fell from the sky. Our thoughts go out to the Pilots family.
Every evening the Music was just amazing. Bob Geldof and the Boomtown Rats were a sight to behold (I’m sure he was off his head) The line up of Music & Stars was just amazing.
The cars were fantastic with Chris Evan’s Famous Five, growing to a Magnificent 7 and this year The dirty Dozen. Nick Mason’s brand spanking new La Ferrari and Chris’s year old La Ferrari were a sight to behold as were all the other numerous classic, modern and customised cars on display.
Over the weekend the organisers brought kids around and asked them to vote for their favourite Car Club and Car. Mike won hands down with his BTTF car, and in the entire history of Carfest there have only ever been two Trophies awarded. BTTF Brian won the first in 2012 and now Mike in 2015 Deloreans Rock!
We are doing it all again at Carfest South at the end of the Month.
There is still car space available on Friday & Saturday with potential for anyone attending these days to stay on a day pass for Sunday.
Please let me know if you would like to come along and join the party.
Artists playing at Carfest South are:

Jools Holland
Scouting for Girls
The Boomtown Rats
The Lionels
Plus a spectacular line dancing performance by Country Vive
Paloma Faith
Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott
Seasick Steve
Sophie Ellis-Bextor
Texas
The Feeling
Ward Thomas
Bellowhead
Bjorn to Rock
Eddie and The Robbers
Level 42
Midge Ure
Take That
The Shires

WHAT AN AMAZING CONCERT THAT'S GOING TO BE. Shock
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Great stuff, shame I could not make either due to shift working. The gnat display are supposed to be at the Little Gransden show at the end of the month (along with the Vulcan) it's a great shame it crashed I'm sure everyones thoughts are with his family.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
sounded an awesome weekend as always, bar of course the tragedy of the plane crash.

And well done to the everyone in the DOC-UK for sorting Johns car out so quickly for him.

Great work guys.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie