Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delorean number 3 wanted...in a few months!
This is all Olly's fault...he bought his lovely car to the 'Tonight Programme' filming last Friday with me attempting to do my bit about investing in a classic car and I realised that I just can't see a fun filled future without getting Delorean number 3. I had to sell the first two, (having restored them from the ground up), due to the usual old personal circumstances of running a freelance business, but this time I want to start searching for a car that someone else has done all the hard work on, and most importantly of all, to keep it for good! So....I will be after a top car or with potential to be so, manual and reasonably low mileage. Must be an original solid rust free chassis. On my list of preferences it would be grey interior, lines on the bonnet and fuel flap but that's just hopeful and would consider others. I will not be in a position to proceed until later summer so if anyone has any plans to sell later this year then please do get in touch. My email is andy@theonetocall.com. Big Grin
Was yours the exploda-car?

Anyway, I believe grey interior cars with gas-flap hoods.. well, not sure I've ever seen one that hadn't had an "old" hood fitted. Pretty sure they were all black (or near enough).
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566
Former Vins# 5641 (Maddie) and 5284 (Hana)

Yes that's my car - a total labour of love and completely over the top in terms of time spent. I'd love to buy that one back again! Interesting about the fuel flap only being on black interior cars. I didn't know that!. Cheers for any information.
Great. I remember seeing it in Ireland (I think) at Eurofest. A loooong time ago now. Good luck with your search!
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566
Former Vins# 5641 (Maddie) and 5284 (Hana)

Dan Willis Wrote:Anyway, I believe grey interior cars with gas-flap hoods.. well, not sure I've ever seen one that hadn't had an "old" hood fitted. Pretty sure they were all black (or near enough).
Per the concours manual from DMC:

The gas flap hood was on cars up to VIN 03200.

The grooved hood was on cars from VIN 03201 to VIN 07199.

Plain flat hood was on cars manufactured from December '81 through to the end of production.
VIN# 04708, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
dmc4me Wrote:Yes that's my car - a total labour of love and completely over the top in terms of time spent. I'd love to buy that one back again!

Can you tell me abit more about this 'exploder car'?
Did you do the poster?
Taking pics as you completed each stage?
Where is it now? Looks real nice.
The Explodaview poster was my creation, as a graphic designer I couldn't resist the opportunity to put this together when I had purchased a badly burnt Delorean complete with every new part I needed to rebuild it. A hell of a lot of work but I did end up with what I still think was one of the most comprehensively restored cars in the world. I think I was the first guy to do this to the level shown. I basically set the car up in position each time I had completed a stage and took a new photo and then comped the whole lot together in photoshop. Sadly I had to sell it in the end to fund new challenges. I would love to buy that car back again!
Love it. I'd roll it like that ^^^^ 8)
Are you the guy I nearly bought all those bits off on Ebay, seat/fascia/etc at the NEC?
Do you know where your car is?
Yes, that was me. I now regret selling all those bits with the new plans! Hey Ho!

As for where my car is - yes I do know but not saying at this point. I'm sure other members know who but I don't want the current owner to be bombarded with questions etc.
Cheers, Andy
Nice to hear from you again Andy.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
oh my goodness...that's back to the past! And it just reminds me what fun it was when I had the old DMC
dmc4me Wrote:I basically set the car up in position each time I had completed a stage and took a new photo and then comped the whole lot together in photoshop.
That is awesome Andy. Would you consider putting up the other photo's you took? I would love to see the car as you progressed through the restoration.
VIN# 04708, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
if I can find them! I do have loads but they are in deep storage so will have to rummage through a few thousand photos! I do want to find them so bear with me. In the mean time here's a pic of Olly's car, me and the 'Tonight Crew'. I think it appears on the 26th March at 7.30 - just hope I didn't make too much of an idiot of myself!
I have found some photos!...
I'd spotted the wrong tyre tread before….but no the black water pump pulley! Well Andy……..I don't know what to say. Big Grin

Its a pity you couldn't have found a decent electro-plater 8)
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian