Worthy of it's own thread, I think

Finally comes out of hiding....

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/car ... 22320.html

24 miles on odometer

I believe that this owner also owns the first 82 car - 10001
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
Just seeing the temp gauge that high sent shivers down my spine!
VIN# 04708, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
$100,000.00 someones having a laugh.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Quote:Description:
Last mint Delorean known in the world. Vehcile has never been driven, registered or on the road. Vehicle is as delivered from the Delorean factory, it still has all the factory and delaership stickers and information sheets on the front screen. Absolute mint condition throughout. Total mileage on the clock is 24 miles. Original in every detail, tires, battery (flat), radio, chassis, engine, trim etc etc. No modifications done what so ever. Garged in a secure warm garage all its life. Absolutely unique car.
So in summary, unless the fluids were drained, high chance the engine is f****d!

Just look at the one that's in the car featured in FTLOC, was in long term storage with fluids etc left in it, and as a consequence the engine is as rotten as a pear, absolutely shagged.
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
Well the one's I had with 4 miles and 110 miles respectively were just fine…sticking brakes but that was about it. The 4 mile one, Dusty fired up straight away with a gallon of fuel in! Still going strong in NI now.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Either you got very lucky or the cars were stored properly. Something which obviously wasn't the case with URC 652X.

I would be wary of ultra low mileage cars, they are certainly not worth paying a premium price tag for. The engine on a car that has higher mileage and is used regularly, is likely to be in far better condition than one that is left stood.
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
This one is 07199, for when the ad goes away
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
I agree about not paying a premium for them Mike.

My left hand drive cost me £11.5 K from a Coys Auction, wearing a Q plate and not running. Took a few weeks to sort out, but it was one of the best cars I've ever owned . VIN 20049.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
It depends on what you want, but usually a lightly used and nicely serviced car is far better that any barn-find.
The only advantage of a car that's been stored in nice dry barn/museum is body/chassis corrosion can be very low & the kudos of having a time-warp, un-used, low mileage car. But this does not mean the restoration will be any easier or cheaper.
Just looked at ad, for a $100k you'd think he'd buy some new door struts! :lol:
100k Shock Well they keep coming out of the woodwork dont they.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
88mph Wrote:Just looked at ad, for a $100k you'd think he'd buy some new door struts! :lol:

There's the quandary then isn't it; replace the door struts and then everything wouldn't be just as it left the factory.
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
Wonder what the bottom of the fuel tank looks like. Worse, I wonder what the head gaskets and inside of the block looks like? Am I right in assuming there's 33 year old coolant sitting in that thing?
Quote:Wonder what the bottom of the fuel tank looks like. Worse, I wonder what the head gaskets and inside of the block looks like? Am I right in assuming there's 33 year old coolant sitting in that thing?
If there is any left, yes.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
No, that drained out of the perished coolant pipes years ago. :lol:

Great as a work of art/display item. If & when, it would be interesting to know for what & why its been bought.