• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ups and downs of buying a Delorean!!!
yeah c'mon, what happened?
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Hi All

Yes been really busy, getting the silver one up to scratch, just had it registered and taxed, tonight been out with its new owner for a spin.

It's turned out a really nice original car, a very good example, I am sure the new owner who lives in Grimsby will be posting plenty of pictures on here shortly.

Been a great experience and a privilege to work on a Delorean , a learning curve which has set me in good stead to now start on the Red one

Thoroughly enjoyed working on the silver one and raring to go again!!

The Red one is one of only a few that was painted by Delorean Cadelac in Candy Apple Red with a unique side stripe, also turbocharged.

With this being a bit different I am thinking of keeping it Red and the Turbo will stay on. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated "good or bad"

I will be completing a full nut and bolt restoration very shortly and will be posting pictures as I go along

Will keep you all up to date as this next project gets underway
Regards Mike
Yes that side stripe is unique to the Cadillac dealer painted cars so I would keep it as it is if you can.

Nothing wrong with a painted D especially if it has genuine history behind it, which your one does, and it's a great colour to boot.

J
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
Hi

Thanks for reply, that's what we where thinking

Will look amazing when it's done, the Candy Apple Red is a really nice colour.

Thought it would generate a mixed opinion, but seems like the majority like it as it is!

Will keep you all up to speed with its progress

Regards Mike