Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sticky throttle
the cable on the pedal end sticks and takes a while to return up. Please please tell me i can just wd 40 it and not spend more money! Shock
SCEDT26T9BD005902
Pull it out and replace it with a cable you can get at any motorcycle shop.
Mr.5200
Maybe is too simple, but if it is a manual trans, check that the cable is in his correct way in the throttle, on the engine. If it falls down it can be sticky Smile
Phill got my new cable from B&Q - it was perfect for the job and cost about 32p a metre - you have to put a 'ferral' on the end though, but you can get them from any motor factors.

You need to buy 4 metres of cable - the cable itself is just over 3 metres, but by getting 4 metres it gives you a bit of slack if you need it - plus also you can trim it gradually, rather then getting too short a piece.

Hope this helps,
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Sirolf Wrote:Pull it out and replace it with a cable you can get at any motorcycle shop.

Hi There,

Could you not use the DMCL logo as an avatar as it might give people the wrong idea.

Many Thanks

Dan Shane
ex DMCL
As per request deleted due to copyright issues
A fellow Delorean owner in Scotland Big Grin
Paul

Vin No :- 6042
DOC:- 466
so there is ! Smile

and vins so close as well !
Yes, my throttle cable snapped at the pedal end today, fortunatelty I was only a few miles from home, and i managed to get back on tickover. Bodged it for the meantime, but I'm hoping your advice will sort it guys.... It is just the inner cable you change isnt it? Is it easy to thread through? And these "Ferrel" things, i assume its just a slide over cap that goes the pedal end to grip the linkage, and also stop the cable splaying out. And B&Q do it too do they? Bonus!

Thanks in advance all
Mr. P