Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New name for the car......
Looking through pics of old car shows I've been to (nostalgia), found this gem on a related site....
" You built a time machine -out of a De Laurien?"........ :lol:
Scathing remark about the company cheating the British Taxpayers out of millions, I almost felt guilty!
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
Obliviously an expert then........
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
The aluminium bodied Delorian had a promising start but it wouldn't go faster than 85mph. John Delorian was later arrested trying to smuggle cocaine into the US inside the car door panels. He died in prison in 2005.

Hey, maybe I can be a motor journalist too!
I have one of those aluminium bodied cars too! :lol:
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
Oh I see you have the smaller engined 'Eco-Version' as well.

I understand that quite a few of the 'stop-start' models were also made, especially when running on very old USA fuel.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
That's right Chris - everyone knows that DMC are a division of GMC,and 'some say that the Lotus Esprit was developed from the De Lorean'-intriguing stuff, definitely material for a good book there :lol:
My 'good material' for a book ..........floweth over!

(The book is well into its printing now, shipping it to the UK, approx 6 weeks. Why does everything take twice as long as you first thought?)

Speaking of daft DeLorean stories, I remember a daft tale from many years ago, that didn't make it into the book.

When they were doing the RHD conversions at Wooler-Hodec, I was told that an engineer wanted to re-site the ashtray .......He took a door card home with him with a view to putting it in the arm-rest! The next day a colleague pointed out that when you opened the door......the ash would drop over your head!!

Too daft to be true I thought...........But guess what........ at the NEC last November, he walked up to our stand and told me himself....it was true!!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian