Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeLorean Motor Company Hereford
I vaguely remember these guys when I first became interested in DeLoreans in the early 90s - they had adverts in most classic car mags, and had access to DMC artwork/letterheads. I picked this up on eBay the other day - interesting that their stock list doesn't give VINs. And interesting to see a £35k RHD car in 1991! Was that the ex Duran Duran car? PSO something...?

The BTTF3 one is presumably the one that went to the Cumbria cars of the stars musuem which has since gone back to the States (hopefully never to be seen again - godawful conversion and waste of a good car).

Can anyone put VINs/photos to the list? Or shed light on who this might have been?
Few more bits:
If those prices were realistic, they were anything but a good investment opportunity!
:lol:
I dunno, £13k on a left hander that might fetch £30k now, not bad...
I'm guessing the BTTF one they have is the one that was done to promote the video release for the promotion done in the Daily Mirror that also included the prize car that I now have. Timing would be about right.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
So who ran DMC UK? What is the story with it?
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
Not His-res unfortunately, so hard to read, but here are two pictures of the Top Gun 'DMC' Business run by Andy Hobbs and Nigel Parkes in Hereford in the early 90s

[Image: TopGunDelorean.jpg]

[Image: keswickDbuild.jpg]
DOC 116
VIN 6237
Thanks for filling in some gaps there, nice one.
So did DMC UK then become TopGun?

I'm guessing so, if the DMC ad was from 1991, and the TopGun ad is from the "early 90s"

Can you make out the cars listed Stuart? As you say, the image isn't hi-res.
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
Squinting at that I see no VINs but a £32k RHD car (maybe they lowered the price) and they seem to refer to Series 1 and Series 2 cars, which must be the demarcation of 81/82 models? Looks like a similar stocklist to the letter I have.
I was hoping that Stuart had the actual page, rather than just the image. I was squinting too, :lol:
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
Sorry, I don't have the original paper... they were internet finds, from years ago. But if you have an early 90's 'Thoroughbred & classic car' magazine turn to page 118 to see if it's there Mr Green
DOC 116
VIN 6237
The reason I have a bit of info on these guys is that Nigel Parkes stored a couple of DeLoreans in his parents garage in the mid 90's in Mid Wales (post Top Gun) and I was casually told where they were by a chap at a car show. But they were moved several years before and sold on. That's the closest I got to finding a DeLorean barn find Tongue I'm still looking...
DOC 116
VIN 6237
Stuart Rees Wrote:Not His-res unfortunately, so hard to read, but here are two pictures of the Top Gun 'DMC' Business run by Andy Hobbs and Nigel Parkes in Hereford in the early 90s

[Image: keswickDbuild.jpg]

Love that the reporter is "Bill 'mad dog' Tanner". :lol:
Isn't BAK 21T, Chris W's current reg? I wonder if he has the trace back to Andy H.?
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743