Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automatic Transmission Filters soon to be a reality!
I am pleased to release pictures of the first AT filters to be made since Renault last stamped them out over 30 years ago!

These are samples for my approval before the production run begins. The new filters will have the same materials and dimensions, just a little more refined.

I will be offering these for sale in the near future, just wanted to give you an update on the progress!

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND][ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND][ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
Great stuff, well done on this, dont need one myself as I have a 'proper' gearbox :wink: but I wish you well with them. Please feel free to start a thread in the parts for sale section when your ready to start selling. I'm sure they will be well received.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Great work Michael. I'll certainly be a customer when they're ready for production.
Richard M.
Edenbridge, Kent
VIN 981
Got my second prototype in a few days ago. Still need to zero in on the bolt locations but we are very close. I sent them a gasket today so we can not only be sure it bolts up to the valve body correctly, but the ports are aligned as well.
great news, I'm sure we'll order a couple in for #6772 Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I'll have a set when they are ready Michael.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Me too!
Steve - Bognor Regis
#16583 Black Auto.  Ex Saudi & Sweden
1985 Silver Spirit 
1989 Jaguar XJS 
1978 Piper Warrior (AKA flying money pit)
Thanks all for the words of encouragement! I will be very happy when I finally see a big box delivered to my doorstep. I am looking into ordering a supply of 200 filter gaskets so you will not have to order them yourselves. The reasoning is I ordered a few to test my prototypes with and the shipping was more than the gaskets. If I order a huge supply, I will just throw one in with each filter sold.

Pan gaskets however can go several ways, but the easiest is "Right Stuff" RTV sealer. This is what most vendors use since the pan gaskets are NLA through DMC. There are aftermarket alternatives as well, but I will most likely let the individual customers make that choice.

I myself am using the silicone gasket from DPI which is expensive, but good for me since I am going to be opening mine up several times during testing as it is reusable (short term).
Hi Michael,

I know exactly what you mean about 'that big box arriving on your doorstep'….it can be a long time from first idea - to first delivery…... my big box of books has finally left the printers! Be here in a month.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Quote:my big box of books has finally left the printers! Be here in a month
That will be container load rather than box I would have thought! at 4kg a book that's gonna be a heavy old lump to move.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Yes Chris…still that little 'handling' issue to finalise! I'll stick some pictures on my proper thread…..sorry Michael!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian