Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An apology from CP
Dear All,

with the benefit of hind-site, and a bad nights sleep, i feel i must give you all a public apology for some of my recent posts. I have a whole string of excuses which I will proceed to bore you with.

Its been a hectic couple of years, moving house-downsizing, a long delayed family business venture ( that I am involved with) , changing cars, helping with Lotus, NEC etc. But mostly the book! Most of which is not even down to me, but to young Andrew W to sort out.

But in the spring, whilst on holiday, I became unwell. Ending up a hospital a few weeks ago having my 'drains rodded', as I like to think about it. But in practice it was more like me fitting a coiled spring into my fuel pick up pipe, to improve the flow. Its my first ever stay in hospital, and I can't pretend i'm not squeamish . As I lay on the operating table (fully awake) but with my eyes tight shut, I couldn't help hearing the surgeons as they were debating the size of stents they were inserting in my heart. It was slightly alarming during the 2 hour procedure as I heard things like…"no it won't go in-try a smaller one' and "its too tight it might tear' and finally 'We've got a bad hematoma here' followed by lots of pressing in my groin. Thank goodness for the NHS. I'm still here and now in rude health.

I can only hope my other rudeness can be forgiven. I have posted some stuff I wouldn't usually have done. So I apologise , particularly to Robert.

I have asked Chris W to remove any offending posts from the forum. Hopefully Robert you can now cancel your trip to your solicitor (save some money) and we can try and rub along again as before.

I'm looking forward to getting some "Delorean therapy ' in the garage, by removing the fuel tank, the alloy spider and water pump ..very relaxing funnily enough. Look forward to meeting up with you in the new year.

Keep taking the tablets …..I am …about 12 a day….
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I'm completely unaware of anything "rude". Perhaps, after all the years I've known you I may not see or read anything as such (since I can't imagine a rude word coming out of your mouth anyway).

Regardless, I am glad you are well and things went without hitch (so to speak).
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566
Former Vins# 5641 (Maddie) and 5284 (Hana)

Thanks Dan,

perhaps rude was not quite the right word, but It is rude to criticise someone too much. Inappropriate, over -the-top, may have been better.

As a little tip to people of a certain age, I can heartily recommend the practise of taking a 'low dose' 75mg daily aspirin , if you can tolerate it.
I started to feel unwell, when walking up a steady incline in Budapest…pains in my neck….my right arm going dead and it felt as thought someone was tightening a large hose clip around my head (this apparently is classic Angina) , I recon (and so does my doctor) that without the preventative aspirin, that could have been my last walk anywhere. As it was, half an hours rest and taking it easy for the rest of the holiday and I was OK until I went to the doctors immediately on my return.

Anyway enough of all that. i'm much improved and apart from all the pills… But it does make you look at things a little differently when the 'grim reaper' passes close by. I know we have other people on here with more serious health problems than me and they don't make a fuss about it.

Your car looks great Dan, a nice little project. Well done. Thats number 3 isn't it? i'll say no more.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Number three, indeed... Wink
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566
Former Vins# 5641 (Maddie) and 5284 (Hana)

I admire your honesty Chrispy, and we all wish you the very best and a speedy recovery x
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Well on the way now Claire.

Holiday booked for early in the new year, lots of projects all finishing off together. All fine now thanks.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian