Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No drive to drivers rear!
Well my parcel tracking changed over the weekend to "Awaiting Customs Charging" so it's now a lottery to see how long it gets stuck in the system.
I'm still hopeful it will get it before NYE but not hopeful it will get here before Christmas now!
Vin: 4468
DOC No: 758
www.theportlandarms.co.uk
Well now the dust of NYE has finally settled I am glad to report that we did indeed get the part in time and had her ready for her star appearance at our NYE 80's party!
It was very close as I only received the part on Monday, fitted the parts on Tuesday ready for driving her down on the Wed night!

My utmost appreciation to Chris Williamson for coming over twice on his days off to help me, I couldn't of got her done in time without him.

Needless to say she was a great hit at the party, where I had her parked at the entrance to the pub as people arrived to pose with.
Some pics can be found here: http://www.theportlandarms.co.uk/wp/gall...nye-party/

She drove well there and back the short distances but I will be keeping a close eye on the area, hopefully by replacing all the suspect parts we have cured whatever the problem was. It has also made the car a lot less juddery and squirrely which was another complaint I was trying to rectify -obviously early signs of the failure.

Happy New Year everyone and I look forward to meeting many more of you over the next 12 months!
Quote:My utmost appreciation to Chris Williamson for coming over twice on his days off to help me, I couldn't of got her done in time without him.
Not a problem Steve, didn't take to long and your not exactly far away..........but it's Williams not Williamson Big Grin
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
I knew it was Williams but auto correct decided to rename you -we have a staff member named Williamson!
Either way your a top guy Big Grin