Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The car from the future leads the cars from the past!!
I thought I'd share this picture taken at this years Ormskirk Motorfest taken by a professional photographer when my car was doing a 'parade lap'-Chris Ryan has captured a great moment with the DeLorean leading a trio of vintage cars around the 1 mile course, like the way the sunshine is bouncing off the windscreen too.
This picture was available in a variety of print sizes, so I got a nice A5 photo to put on my wall,quite reasonably priced too,and it was purely by chance I spotted Chris's work on the net and it's possibly the best picture of Ol' Stainless in action I've ever seen! 8)
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
Very nice Big Grin
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Nice picture Smile
A few more from the same day, really good angle shots 8)
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
Perfect height, do you have a set of eibach springs?
No, just the standard springs that were fitted to the car, although it had spring lowering clamps fitted all round ( it was even lower!) but when I cut the clamps off it didn't rise much at all.
Looking at the front on picture it does seem to have a 'lowered' stance to the car, looks 'right' IMHO (note to self get the front of mine lowered this winter.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Having seen your car up-close at Carfest North earlier this year and comparing against mine, I'm pretty sure you have the same Eibach springs I have.

Definitely at the rear, as you can see the lower-link pointing "up" to the wheel, rather than downward in the stock setup;

[Image: 100_2046_rear.jpg]

That's what is giving your rear wheels some slight camber. The way to fix that being get adjustable lower-links... which is what I'm currently having trouble sourcing as it seems they are only available in the US and requires sending your originals in as a core.
VIN 4494, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 757