Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Refurbished DeLorean cylinder heads for sale
Hi all,

I purchased a beautifully refurbished set of heads for my D about two months ago, they are superb, new valves, stem seals, skimmed flat, they look great, all ready to go with valves and springs installed.

Unfortunately when stripping my engine, before installing them, I discovered that my engine had deeper issues and I am now going down engine swap route as I have sourced a Volvo unit.

I need funds for the new engine and don't require the heads.

£195 + Carriage (£9 with APC) or you can collect (I feal this is a very good price!!!)

James
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
thats a very good price James, I'm sure you'll have no problem shifting them.

I'll x-post this to the Club's Facebook account for you as well to spread the word.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Guinney1971 Wrote:thats a very good price James, I'm sure you'll have no problem shifting them.

I'll x-post this to the Club's Facebook account for you as well to spread the word.

Thanks Claire,

The price is very keen, but I just need them gone and the new engine in, my car's been off the road for much longer than I would have liked.

J
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
Graet price for the pair, who re-furbed them? out of interest whats wrong with your engine?
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Chris Williams Wrote:Graet price for the pair, who re-furbed them? out of interest whats wrong with your engine?
Chris

I'm not sure of the specific company who did the work but I bought them of a club member who I trust, and they've clearly been done well.

As for my engine it seems to have a small split in the block above the oil filter which slowly bleeds coolant, it came to light when I had the engine steam cleaned as it was out of the car so I could fit the new heads and replace the leaking rear crank seal.

I'm sure it can easily be fixed but I have located a Volvo B28e engine and since I have the sandwich plate and sump of my engine, which is nicly cleaned after the steam cleaning session, it makes sense to do the swap.

J
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
It does seem to be the blocks that are the weak point on these engines now. I'm noticing a lot of postings over on DMCtalk of oil gallery failures (like I had on my first car)
If you have no one else interested/in greater need I will happily take them off you.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
the infamous Valley Of Death I take it you mean?
Guinney1971 Wrote:the infamous Valley Of Death I take it you mean?

That's the most common place for them to fail.

Ironically the top of my block is fine, I think there is just a fault in the casting about 2cm above the oil filter, I don't think they were very well cast originaly.

I'm confident the fault on my block can easily be fixed because of its location, but as I have access to the slightly higher compression Volvo variant it makes sense to swap now and sort the original engine as and when I can.

J
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
once you've done your engine swap, you could probably refurb your old engine and sell
that on tbh Smile
Guinney1971 Wrote:once you've done your engine swap, you could probably refurb your old engine and sell
that on tbh Smile

Trouble is it won't have a sump or sandwich plate as I'll be using those in the Volvo engine.

I could clean it up and use it as a door stop, or who knows maybe someone in the Irish sea needs somthing to hold down lobster pots

J
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
JamesRGUK Wrote:I could clean it up and use it as a door stop, or who knows maybe someone in the Irish sea needs somthing to hold down lobster pots

J

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't start the conspiracy thing started again!……..Anyway Maggie is no longer around so could no longer order such a thing to be done………. :twisted:

James, have the heads gone yet? If not i'd have them if you chuck in the unwanted remains of your old engine. I still have Frenchy's old engine to rebuild. It had 'lost compression'…20 years ago following an attempt at French Turbo-charging. The more bits I have to play with the better.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Chris P Wrote:Don't start the conspiracy thing started again!……..Anyway Maggie is no longer around so could no longer order such a thing to be done………. :twisted:

James, have the heads gone yet? If not i'd have them if you chuck in the unwanted remains of your old engine. I still have Frenchy's old engine to rebuild. It had 'lost compression'…20 years ago following an attempt at French Turbo-charging. The more bits I have to play with the better.

Thanks for the offer Chris.

I still have the heads at the moment, but I don't want to sell the engine until I have the Volvo unit up and running, as I have a feeling I may have a few parts to transfer.

J
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
No rush to get my hands on the bits James, a few months is OK with me. if it helps you and your happy with the overall deal I can complete my side immediately in the usual manner.

Good luck with your engine swap.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Photos

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

J
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK