Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spare wheel
Mine is missing, im guessing this is an mot failure? Is it possible to get an original or an equiv size- is it the size of front or back or does it fit both?
SCEDT26T9BD005902
Not having a spare is not an mot failure as far as i am aware.

A vauxhall 4 stud wheel fits. few people have put vauxhall wheels on thier cars as they have had thier alloys re-done.

I wonder if a new Astra space saver spare would do.

NickT.
My new car did not come with a spare wheel, all I got was a can of tyre seal and a torch, but that just might be Ford trying to save a few quid Big Grin

It is not an MOT failure to have a spare wheel as it is not a safety feature.

Carry a can of tyre seal and you laughing, use your spare wheel well to carry more stuff in the boot!
Alistair McCann
Northern Ireland
1981 Delorean #Vin Pilot 25
1989 Renault Alpine GTA Atmo.
Sealer is fine, till you do what I did yesterday & put a 2 inch split in the side wall. Then without a spare wheel your stuffed, no sealers gonna fix that!
[Image: DeloreanSig.jpg]
By the way, talking of spares i would recommend to everybody to at least take theirs to a tyre place to be inspected and resealed onto the rim. 25 year old tyres do not hold 60 psi well.

Sods law it will deflate or worse the one time and only time you need it Smile
I havent had a spare wheel in Flopsy in all the time I've had her - I carry tyre foam at the moment (+ an RAC membership card Smile )

I normally put spare fuses, hoses, clips, etc, plus a few tools in the spare wheel well, which leaves the boot space free for all my other crap. Mind you, I'll need to have a bit of a 're-arranging session' when I get LPG fitted and the spare wheel well has got a gas tank in it ...... :?

AFAIK, the spare wheel isnt actually part of the MOT test - you can have a totally illegal tyre in your boot and your car will pass its MOT - but put that wheel on the car, and PC Plod will decorate your licence with 3 points Sad
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie