Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just put a deposit down on a DeLorean
Hi Marty

Used will @trans global logistics, very good and deal with all the paper work,
Costs for me £ 1580.00 from dmc Midwest to PJ Grady Essex. Also £ 195.00 uk handling & customs clearance
On top of that 5% vat on your purchase price,
Mines not road legal yet , just need to register with dvla
Nigel
marty Wrote:Hi, I got a picture of the car. It is yet to be lowered and cleaned.

Smile

If you want to rejuvenate the side stripe logo (looks like an original set) I can get new DMC logo made to install over the top.

James
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
JamesRGUK Wrote:
marty Wrote:Hi, I got a picture of the car. It is yet to be lowered and cleaned.

Smile

If you want to rejuvenate the side stripe logo (looks like an original set) I can get new DMC logo made to install over the top.

James

OK, thank you for the offer. Is it OK to replace these without damaging the "originality of the car"?
marty Wrote:
JamesRGUK Wrote:

Smile

James

OK, thank you for the offer. Is it OK to replace these without damaging the "originality of the car"?

Don't touch the originals, I just meant I have some DMC logos that you can put over the top if the originals are faded.

J
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
Ahh I see, cool, OK I will see what they look like on arrival.
I have noticed that the dash has a few cracks on the car I have bought. DMC have quoted $1600 to replace it for a new one. Do you think they are repairable or should I get one fitted before it is shipped over?
marty Wrote:Ahh I see, cool, OK I will see what they look like on arrival.
I have noticed that the dash has a few cracks on the car I have bought. DMC have quoted $1600 to replace it for a new one. Do you think they are repairable or should I get one fitted before it is shipped over?

I'm not sure of your budget, the new ones are plastic and a bit plasticy IMHO, having said that they are much better than a cracked dash.

I would keep the old one too as you could get it recovered, and if your shipping the car over they might as well put it under the bonnet.

J
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
The DMCH doesn't pass the 'drumming the fingers test'. It sounds cheap because it is plastic.

Have the cracks made flush and then have it recovered. Will look far better.
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
I struggled to find anyone in Bristol to do any recovering work. Who did you use?
What search phrase on google would you use, 'retrimming'? What sort of money should I expect? thanks Big Grin
I use a trimmer local to me but Lee Pattison everyone raves about so if you have to ship the items for re-trimming I'd use him. Contact details are

Lee Pattison

You can reach him on 01634 379242 (if this is still his correct number)
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
cheers for that info Chris, 'Sorbet' needs the dash sorting, so I think we'll get in touch
with him to see what he'd quote as opposed to a DMCH dash.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Hi Marty
I'm curious how did you select the car you chose from DMC...I'm just about to embark on the quest to find my car and you are the most recent owner as far as I have found

thanks
stephen
Domi Wrote:Congratulation on your purchase.
Looks like it is in great shape.
Even better when it will be lowered I guess.
What's your VIN number?

VIN is 1031 Smile
The car is shipping over - at last!

It had a few issue as the day is was meant to ship from the dealer the radiator started to leak. DMC replaced it for a new one free of charge which was decent of them.
Then the fan stopped working and they then replaced that as well. Then the Fuel Accumulator was found to be on it's last legs so that got replaced as well (DMC & I split the cost).
So after all of that the car is now (Gull) winging it's way over.
Can't wait to see the car now and hear that stage 2 engine running!
Some pics attached of the repairs.
Over and Out for now.
Last picture didn't upload, here it is.
Looks top draw fella.
Lucky all those things failing before leaving DMC.
Thought mine was to be to be collected this week, but seems to be slipping alittle, guess trucking company is trying to get a load together.
Just looking at your pics, The Delorean looks great from any angle! Tongue