Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just put a deposit down on a DeLorean
88mph Wrote:Looks top draw fella.
Lucky all those things failing before leaving DMC.
Thought mine was to be to be collected this week, but seems to be slipping alittle, guess trucking company is trying to get a load together.
Just looking at your pics, The Delorean looks great from any angle! Tongue

I hope you get yours soon as well. Message me when you get yours please.
Definitely, sure you'll be fed-up hearing about it!! :lol:
Looks like you have got yourself a nice car there, and that chassis looks pretty much mint. Smile

Re the shipping process, it is quite time consuming and it is certainly not uncommon for timelines to slip, slip, and slip again. It will get over here eventually though, just need to be patient (which I'm not).
VIN# 04708, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
Well said Mike, that does look a clean car.

As for shipping, The car I bought in California 2 1/2 months ago has FINALLY got loaded and the ship set sail yesterday.

Karl, if you get the name of the Vessel your shipping agent has used (which to be fair they should tell you) there should be an on line tracking real time service so you can follow the car on its Journey.

My new car is on NYK Diana sailing from Longbeach CA to Southampton.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/de ... :NYK_DIANA

You can click on the link on the left of the page (last position received on the google map, then click show track) to show you on a map where the ship is currently.
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Interesting stuff. I see it says destination as Panama.
Do you think car will be unloaded there & put on another vessel or is that just the next port?
If mine ever gets to New Jersey it might join the same ship crawling up the East coast.
Hi Karl,

As far as I'm told the ship is going all the way, it's just a stop over to maybe fuel or transfer loads.
Do you know what vessel your cars due to be loaded on yet?
VIN 4532

DOC-574
No, not yet, but seller tells me he sent paperwork to shipper 10 days ago, shipper says he got paperwork 6 days ago, as of yesterday, no one has contacted seller to arrange collection.
Not really moaning, as things obviously take time to arrange, but lets hope something happens this week. :|
Just received today.........

"The intended vessel is the “Faust” sailing on the 26/11 , approx. arrival date into the UK is the 20/12"

Merry Christmas!! Big Grin
88mph Wrote:Just received today.........

"The intended vessel is the “Faust” sailing on the 26/11 , approx. arrival date into the UK is the 20/12"

Merry Christmas!! Big Grin

Brilliant news! Well done. I think mine arrives about the same time.
That website that Darren linked to, shows the Faust in mid-atlantic heading for Halifax atm.
Good to get it for Xmas but I know it will be annoying trying to get parts/stuff done with postage & holidays to deal with.
Great news Karl Big Grin

You'll have plenty to do I'm sure and there are suppliers/stocks of parts here in UK to tide you over the Holidays.
I'm only 1/2 an hour away from Southampton, so if you need a hand loading up when she arrives just give me a shout.

My new cars just got into Norfolk Virginia a stop off on route eta to Southampton now is 2nd Dec, so dont be surprised if the 20th for you may slip a little, it's the nature of this business.
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Quote:mid-atlantic heading for Halifax atm
That will be some effort, it's in the middle of Yorkshire :wink: I suppose the Calder & hebble canal goes near mind...... Shock
Good luch, be a great Xmas pressie
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Darren, I see our ships just passed each other off Canada. It says yours will be here on the 1st.
Mine should of been collected yesterday but the ships still off Canada, hey-ho!
:lol:

Ships in the night eh :wink:

Yep mines due in Southampton 1st December. Where's yours being picked up from Karl, New York? It's cutting it fine for you this side of xmas!
VIN 4532

DOC-574
A lot of DeLoreans landing in the next month (mine arrived in Southampton, Wednesday).

Looks great!

BTW - the shipping agents knew well of DeLoreans and had everything set up for the 5% so I had very little work to do Smile
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566
Former Vins# 5641 (Maddie) and 5284 (Hana)