Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kempton Classic Car and Bike Show - Sunday 28th September
Kempton Classic Car and Bike Show, to be held at Kempton Steam Museum on Sunday 28th September.

Kempton Steam Museum have the worlds largest working triple expansion steam engine (a similar type to the engines fitted on the Titanic), which will be in steam with demonstrations running throughout the day.

I went to this event last year with John Dennys and it was a good day out with plenty of cars in attendance. I could have spent all day watching the engine running.

The museum is a relatively small site, however having spoken with the event organiser, they will make space to accomodate us. Please let me know if you feel like coming along so that I can give them an approximate figure on the number of cars attending.

Gates open at 9:00AM and they would like us in place ahead of the museum opening to the public at 10:30AM.

Requested entry is a modest £5 donation.

Kempton Steam Museum
Kempton Water Works
Snakey Lane
Hanworth
Middlesex
TW13 6XH

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
VIN# 04708, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
Shock Crickey that looks a superb place to visit, must put it on my list.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Come along Chris if you are free? Perhaps the Hoopers would also be interested in this one?

As it stands now, we have 3-4 cars confirmed, as always however, the more the merrier.
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
As it stands now, we have 4 cars confirmed with a possible 5th.

Anymore for anymore? I will need to confirm numbers back to the event organiser early next week, speak now if you think you may be able to make it. Smile
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
Really would have love to have come along, it looks a great place to visit but I'm at work on Sunday and having just spent 4 days doing DeLorean stuff in Manchester and at home so cant get away with it!
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Thanks to Mike and John, Matt, and John Dennys for making the trip down to Kempton yesterday, I hope you enjoyed the day. I know the organiser was extremely grateful to see us there.

For those not on facebook, here are a few pictures I captured from yesterday: (except the board will not let me post the link because it desperately needs upgrading :roll: )

See the nice downloads the board gives me when attempting to click Submit with links present. Seriously, this needs sorting - it's not a hard job to upgrade the boards software to the latest version.
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
I know that upgrading of the forum is an ongoing issue which I think Rich H is working on in his
spare time.

If you're at the AGM in November, then maybe you could discuss it in detail with him there?
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I know Mike has kindly offered before to help out (and much appreciated it is) I don't understand why you have problems up loading pics as I never have that issue. Either way I'm sure Rich is looking in to it Big Grin
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Guinney1971 Wrote:I know that upgrading of the forum is an ongoing issue which I think Rich H is working on in his
spare time.

If you're at the AGM in November, then maybe you could discuss it in detail with him there?
It's not really an issue as such Claire, it could be upgraded within 30 mins tops. At least then it would be up to date and hopefully resolve the errors/glitches that are on various parts of the board.

Chris Williams Wrote:I know Mike has kindly offered before to help out (and much appreciated it is) I don't understand why you have problems up loading pics as I never have that issue. Either way I'm sure Rich is looking in to it Big Grin
Chris
I don't get it either, it seems to be posts over a certain length pull up that glitch, and I've had it with posts before which didn't contain any external links, so I know it's not the links that cause the problem.
DOC 649
ex DOC 562