Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hot Toys DeLorean
If you're not aware of Hot Toys.. well, you will be soon;

http://www.hottoys.com.hk/productDetail ... ductID=256

Personally, I've been collecting Iron Man models for a few years now - they are massively expensive, and not "toys" in any sense of the word. That said, they sell for $300+ on day one, go out of stock and 5 years later pull $1000+ - so whilst this DeLorean will break the bank, it'll likely be an investment as well as an awesome "toy".

Also, the interior is (dashboard) is a bit off, but it's not due until 2016 so will likely get better.
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566
Former Vins# 5641 (Maddie) and 5284 (Hana)

I've been aware of hot toys for some years now. Being a massive fan of the dark knight trilogy I REALLY wanted to buy their batman and ALL THREE dark knight vehicles. Awesome in their accuracy and detail, not to mention HUGE! Proper living room carpet push arounds. As you say though, there is a price attached to their models. And it ain't a small one. So I have to admit, so far I've restrained myself from succumbing to the lunacy and stuck to drooling over you tube videos of them and looking at pictures of them.

...but! IF they are indeed going to do the same thing with the time machine....then I might just justify it to myself if I start saving NOW! Big Grin
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
I have the Dark Knight.... just not the vehicles. Mostly too large (though "The BAT" is fairly small..). He's very cool Big Grin
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566

A defo serious collectors piece and worth the money if it's as good in the finished product-but there's a few obvious inaccuracies-why is there the brass alarm clock that only appeared in BTTF 3 on the dashboard? :lol:
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
bjbrownie Wrote:why is there the brass alarm clock that only appeared in BTTF 3 on the dashboard? :lol:

That brass sucker was on the dash for the lightening run back to 1985 in BTTF 1.

When the alarm went off, Marty's instruction was to "hit the gas". :lol:
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Ah, my mistakeRissy - could have sworn it was on BTTF 3! It must be some time since I've watched the original, will have to again-full marks to Hot toys then! :lol:
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
I've ordered this thing, but am thinking about having a model-maker friend take all the BTTF stuff off of it and convert it to a proper DeLorean. Won't know till 2016 how viable that is...
Me too - though I'll leave it be. I suspect you'll have to fabricate a new rear end, dash etc etc as those bits are unlikely to be removable and leave anything behind.
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566

There would definitely be some fabrication work but that stuff is relatively easy - the hard part is the body sculpt which is already done. Hopefully the body wires aren't moulded in as they are on every other BTTF model - if the rear vents come off without too much grief then it should be ok...

(still waiting on the AutoArt 1:18th DMC... the sunstar is horrible.)
The high res images I've seen show the wiring to be separate - that said, the clips will likely be pushed through small holes (so a quick fill perhaps). Depends what the body is made of.

For now, it's a prototype, so the finished article may vary a fair bit.
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566