Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOC (UK) SUMMER EVENT 2015, 14,15,16th August 2015 (LOTUS)
Alas I have had to take my wife into hospital, and will likely be missing the event for the third year running.
Quote:Alas I have had to take my wife into hospital, and will likely be missing the event for the third year running
Really sorry to hear this, I do hope she is OK. One day we will see your car! Big Grin
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Just wanted to say a huge thank you to all who attended over the weekend. We had a great time at Lotus on Saturday and IWM Duxford today. Far to many things to mention and I will post up pictures/videos later but blasting around the Lotus track at high speed was a high point for me! Thanks to Chris Parnham for organising this and for everyone from far and near for attending.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
massive thanks from us to ChrisP and ChrisW for another epic DOC-UK weekend event, and it was
great to catch up with friends old and new.

The kids had a great time at the farm park on Saturday, and we got back to hotel mid afternoon, so
locked the cars up and enjoyed a nice cold pint or two whilst we waited for the others to get back from
Lotus.

Was great to meet Osamu and his wife who travelled all the way from Japan (and won the Furthest Travelled
Prize), also massve respect to our Belgian friends for coming all the way over, especially Jan who drove
640kms to the event.

Duxford today was amazing, and to see 'Sally B' the Boeing B-17 doing an aerial display, alongside Spitfires,
DeHavilland Dragon Rapide, Tiger Moths, P-51 Mustang and even a Bristol Blenheim that flew in late on.

Hope everyone got home safely, I'll upload some photo's to the Club's Facebook page later.

Best wishes,

Claire, Phill, Kezia & Gwen,
plus #2292 & #6772
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Just wanted to share my thanks to the 2 Chris's for their organisation and for everyone I met who made me feel very welcome at my first official DOC meet!
I had an excellent time and cant wait for the next one!. I have a bunch of pics and videos I will go through and upload somewhere soon but for now here's my favourite, if only for the irony :wink:
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
After having a couple of good nights sleep, i'm almost back to normal !

I'd like to thank everyone who attended the event and helped look after our many visitors. I enjoyed every minute of it and thanks also to Richard H who had his tool box out ..yet again!

Some of the highlights for me were driving 10 high speed laps of the Lotus test track…with various guests as passengers. (Chris Hawes just couldn't keep up!) And of course visiting the workshops were the Pilot cars were made. The talks and stories by Nick Sutton and Colin Spooner and the Lotus engineer were great. The company, the meals and the convoys , and of course Duxford.

My car never missed a beat or uses a drop of water or oil, a great event.

For those who couldn't make it, i'm sure there will be plenty of pictures on the web and in the next mag. Here are a few to start with.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
just a few of my 500+ photos from the weekend, even managed to get a picture
of Nick Sutton in my car Smile
Good to see Sally B's flying this year, I think I'm seeing that in a couple fo weeks Big Grin

Glad you all had a great weekend, sorry it was only a flying visit on Friday. Better luck next year...

RH
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Morning all

I just wanted to echo some of the comments made above.

I have a fabulous weekend catching up with some old friends and making new ones. Was so nice to be back in the Delorean family again Smile

Here's some video I quickly chopped together of my laps around in the Lotus Test Track in "Maddie" #5641

https://youtu.be/FUynhtvL4lc

Thanks again to EVERYONE involved in organising this weekend. It was one to remember for me! Smile
Stuart
VIN# 5641 "Maddie"
DOC 414
Ware, Herts. UK

[Image: signature.jpg]

Emagine Productions

W: www.emagineproductions.co.uk
brilliant video Stuart, thanks for sharing Smile
Hi all,

I've uploaded some 500+ photos to Flickr; feel free to browse and download. They are all JPGs but at native RAW resolutions, so pretty huge if you want them to be. I've captured every car at some point, whether parked, en-route or on the track - so there should be something for everyone.

I've had no time to do any post work on the RAW photos, but I will (mainly exposure correction and so on) but if you want your picture edited, let me know and I'll dig out the original.

A great weekend, and very much what I needed.

[Image: 20308396934_77fee905ec_c.jpg]DOC Club Meet 2015 by Dan Willis, on Flickr
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566
Former Vins# 5641 (Maddie) and 5284 (Hana)

Great photo's Dan, thanks for sharing. Big Grin

Mike Hooper was very keen on the slow moving convoy………NOT ! :evil:
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Yes, Mr Happy (sorry, Harper) was in a foul mood for some reason. Wink
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566

Dan Willis Wrote:Hi all,

I've uploaded some 500+ photos to Flickr; feel free to browse and download. They are all JPGs but at native RAW resolutions, so pretty huge if you want them to be. I've captured every car at some point, whether parked, en-route or on the track - so there should be something for everyone.

I've had no time to do any post work on the RAW photos, but I will (mainly exposure correction and so on) but if you want your picture edited, let me know and I'll dig out the original.

A great weekend, and very much what I needed.

[Image: 20308396934_77fee905ec_c.jpg]DOC Club Meet 2015 by Dan Willis, on Flickr

These are great Dan! Nice to see old Lexi being captured round the track (especially after my specially bought GOPRO camera decided to run out of charge just before getting to Lotus!)

Is there any way of grabbing the pictures I want, without being a member of Flickr? I think you need a yahoo email account to be a member.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
No probs - I thought even non-members had the little "down arrow" per picture so you could download them at the size you wanted. I've not looked offline to know,
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566