Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOC (UK) SUMMER EVENT 2015, 14,15,16th August 2015 (LOTUS)
I know Kris Murray and his better half are not doing the tour, but not sure what they are doing! no help I know but thought I would mention it
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
The seems to be a bit of confusion about the price of the carvery meals on the Friday and Saturday ( if you want a carvery ) H/with:-

*********************************************************************************

Hello Chris,

Sorry to bother you again.
After Lil spoke to you earlier, we had a double check over your bookings for the weekend.
It was mentioned to me that someone had asked about booking themselves in for the 2 course Carvery deal, at £8.95 on Friday and £11.35 on Saturday.
When we replied to say that the cost is £11.45 we were told that it states these above prices on your forum.
We would just like to inform you that the price is for one course only on Fridays and Saturdays and it is £11.45 per person.
If you could please update your forum to save any confusion in the restaurant.
(The above prices have never actually applied to our Carvery.)

Kind Regards,

Reception
Breckland Lodge and Stag Restaurant
London Road, Attleborough, Norfolk, NR17 1AY
Telephone: 01953 455202
Web: http://www.brecklandlodge.co.uk

Personally I like carvery's when you have a large number of people dining…save a lot of waiting around.

I have said that most people will possibly be eating at different times on the Friday evening, but we will eat together on the Saturday around 7.30 -8.00…..a number of tables for 10/12. Looking forward it greatly!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Hmm.. given the distance we have to come on Friday, the restaurant will be a cold, dark and closed place by the time we arrive.

Saturday - hadn't booked; didn't think about that to be honest. As a veggie I tend to swing away from Carverys since they tend to be meaty things.
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566
Former Vins# 5641 (Maddie) and 5284 (Hana)

Hi Dan,

i'm sure you can find something to eat of Friday…what is your ETA?

There will be a veggie selection available. Don't be so glum…you'll be right!

Ive block booked the restaurant on the Friday and Saurday…no need to book individually.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Not glum - just 20 years as a vegetarian and 10 as a consultant travelling throughout UK and Europe. You get a feel for where you can, and cannot eat (without being adventurous, which I am very much... not).

In any case, I have to wait for my wife to get home from work, so possibly leaving post-6pm and it's 200 miles. I'm thinking 10pm onwards, so we'll stop en-route to ensure we don't go hungry Smile

I'll risk it Saturday - at worst I can order some sides and munch along quite happily Wink
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566
Former Vins# 5641 (Maddie) and 5284 (Hana)

Do we need to book ourselves into the meals do we!?

I've been so busy trying to get there, I never considered what I had to have in place IF I DO make it!

Do I need to phone and confirm with the hotel ahead of time (and pay?) or can I advise them upon turning up and checking in?
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Quote:Do we need to book ourselves into the meals do we!?

I've been so busy trying to get there, I never considered what I had to have in place IF I DO make it!

Do I need to phone and confirm with the hotel ahead of time (and pay?) or can I advise them upon turning up and checking in?

You will be fine, as I have wrote one way or another it will be sorted. ChrisP wrote this earlier regarding grub times: :wink:

Quote:Ive block booked the restaurant on the Friday and Saurday…no need to book individually.
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Dan Willis Wrote:I'm afraid cars trump trains here (although there is a weird DeLorean/train fetish going on isn't there?) Wink

yeah, I blame some film with a silver car covered in tat that has a train smash into it at the end Wink
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
right, been going through the 'local attractions' list on the hotels website,
I think we'll go here : http://www.melsopfarmpark.co.uk/index.html on the
Saturday for the day, as our two kiddies will love it, we have a place near us
in Nottinghamshire called White Post Farm which is similar, and they love going
there.

Plus its also not far from my Uncle's house, so we might call and see him too Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I have also opted out of the Lotus tour on Saturday, having also done that at the 2006 event.

Planning to go up to Norwich instead on Saturday to spot large painted dragon sculptures:-
http://www.gogodragons.co.uk

Haven't yet decided whether to drive or get public transport up to Norwich, but then I haven't yet decided whether or not to bring the D for the weekend. I am booked in for an MOT at 8am tomorrow.
Rich J
I've opted out of the tour also - was thinking of visiting either Bressingham or going to a nearby heritage railway. If anybody wants to join me I can get free travel/entry for myself and somebody else at Bressingham Steam Museum, the Bure Valley Railway and North Norfolk Railway. Unfortunatly the Mid Norfolk Railway does accept HRA passes! Sad
Paul Bardill

1995 Peugeot 106 - N982 ATV
Chris P Wrote:Hi Dan,

Now I've got firm numbers……40 for Lotus and 48 for the meal! i'm finalising things with Lotus on Thursday.

My understanding is:-

Friday, assemble in Norfolk, check in Hotel casual dining in the evening, possible ex Lotus people attending for one to one chatting.

Saturday, breakfast at the Hotel and head for Lotus arriving mid morning ..exact times to be decided…. Evening meal at the Hotel with guest speaker Nick Sutton and other senior ex Lotus/Delorean people in attendance.

Sunday set off south for Duxford after breakfast .

Chris W and I will advise further on timings on Thursday.

Any further amendments/timings in relation to tomorrow?

Rachael and I will probably rock up to the hotel mid afternoon....
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
No Chris,
all very casual, I will be there about mid afternoon, as will be quite a few others, some like Dan will be arriving late. We could always go for a little drive around once we have unpacked. Lets see how things pan out.

We need to be at Lotus at 10.30 on the saturday, so leave hotel about 10?
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Myself and better half wont be there till probably gone 6. I'm collecting Nick fron Stanstead and Suzy is taking kids to swimming lessons at 4.15 so niether of us will leave until probably 5ish.
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Unfortunately my wife has fallen ill again and may have to go to hospital, if the medication is not effective. We might arrive late tonight or early tomorrow if the medication does work. It is extremely bad luck that this happened on the date of the club event two years in a row.