Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOC (UK) SUMMER EVENT 2015, 14,15,16th August 2015 (LOTUS)
Congratulations Chris!
Looking forward to seeing it next August!
1981 Restored Black Interior Auto
&
1981 DeLorean Time Machine 2015 edition

http://www.backtothefuturedeloreanhire.co.uk

http://www.deloreanhire.com
You certainly can Dan. i'm looking forward to the event immensely.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Quote:I'm afraid I can't keep it to my self anymore ….and at the risk of upsetting the odd person, I must own up to being the one who will be driving Pilot 20 to and at the event. Having done a deal to buy it from its current owner.
You kept that one quiet! Shock Another to add to the list of cars owned then Big Grin
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Yes Chris….I've been a bit busy recently..one way and another. Didn't get around to mentioning it before. :?
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Chris P has just renewed my interest in this Event, and now that I've found out P20 is going to be there, It has to be done 8) ... I have to admit I haven't had much time to play with 6237 recently and I'm ashamed to say I haven't driven her for almost 3 years! There are a few jobs to do before she's road legal again but this event is a great reason to get it sorted.

Also just found that you can 'drive' around the Lotus factory and the Track on Google Maps.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.56126 ... Cg!2e0!3e5

Seasons Greetings
DOC 116
VIN 6237
I heard from Giles Woolliams over Christmas, he said him and Harry are booked in, but
the hotel rooms are going fast, and there aren't many left, especially for the Saturday night.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Get cracking folk….remember use any rooms booked in the Clubs or my name. Although they take your credit card details just to confirm who you are….no money will be taken yet. And if things change you can also cancel giving a few days notice. Cant say fairer than that.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Hello All,

I hope that visitors from across the pond are welcome. I haven't figured out any of the details yet, but I'm going to try to make it to this event. I have an Esprit V8 and a DeLorean, so this seems like a natural event for me to attend.

I've already reserved my room at the hotel, so a big thanks to you DOCUK guys for setting this up. I hope to be there playing the part of the token American.

The last time I was in the U.K., Chris Parnham's "Dusty" was only just out of the barn in 2001 at Dunmurry.

Jake Kamphoefner
DeLorean #1063
Lotus Esprit V8 #5651
Quote:I hope that visitors from across the pond are welcome
You more than welcome. I do believe we have visitors from Europe coming over as well so it should be a great weekend.
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Hi Jake,

As Chris W says, the more the merrier. It would be great to have a large contingent from outside the UK. Once you have booked your hotel room, the rest we will fine tune nearer the time….Tell your friends.

Was it really 2001 when I got Dusty on the road? Had it not been for that Euro-fest event, I would probably have left Dusty as a trailer queen, but I thought , what the heck, take her for a proper drive. It only seems like yesterday. She's still safely 'tuck up' in Northern Ireland, now owned by club member Ian F.

Robert gave me the honour of driving Dusty down to the Giants causeway for the photo-shoot.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I spoke to Frederick van Acker in Belgium last night, they are very interested in coming over,
and hopefully we can expect 5 cars and 10 Belgians to attend, however I have told them that
rooms at the hotel are going fast.

ChrisP, are there any alternative hotels near to our one that people can use if all the rooms do
get booked up?
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Just to 'bump' this topic, and 'echo' what Claire wrote above. The hotel are getting down to the last few rooms available for the weekend, it looks like it will be a great weekend with a superb collection of cars from the UK and overseas. Please if your thinking of coming along (and why would you not?) please can you book your room ASAP so we can look at other accommodation in the area if required. It will be a 'full' on weekend combing the interests of both cars and planes, what's not to like!
If you can phone the hotel direct and either book using the reference of 'Chris Parnham' then that would be great.
Likewise if any non club members have booked (or are thinking about it) and wish for me to send out details then please get in touch via 'PM'

PLEASE DONT THINK that this event is just for club members or DeLorean car owners. Any new/prospective owners are more than welcome to come along ask questions, look at the cars see how they work/sit in one and get to know more about them. Even if you just wish to pop along for a day visit your more than welcome.

Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Indeed a few Belgian DeLorean owners will be coming over, but unfortunatly I won't be one of them. The thing is, I will be getting home on thursdayevening before the event from a 4 week, 3500km camping journey through Italy with my wife and son. Needless to say, I'm gonna be a bit too tired to be driving to Norfolk the next day. Besides, I can't leave my wife alone with a 4 week camping luggage, can I? If it were another weekend, changes that I would have come to Norfolk would have been higher, 'cause I really wanted to see the Lotus testtrack. My brother owned a Lotus Elise for a while, so he would have come with me in the DeLorean ...

Oh well, maybe next time?

I hope you all have a great weekend!
If you're gonna build a timemachine, why not do it with style !
http://www.deloreanclubbelgium.eu
just to confirm what Claire and Chris say our event this year will have an even more international feel with more visitors from Europe.

Remember folk, you don't have to be a club member, or own a DeLorean to attend .....or you may be working on your own project car or just want to get close to the cars.

Its a great chance to meet up and get a drive/ride around the test track, where out cars were developed.
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND] The photo was taken at the 2006 Lotus meet..dispite the caption tag!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Just an FYI...
I have just made my reservation for this weekend. I ended up in a small internal room with no external window but at least I am booked.

The hotel said that they only have 1 remaining superior room at £79 per night but this may be usual hotel sales nonsense. However, if it is the truth I would book soon.

Bar closes at 11pm which should keep things sensible. :o
Looking forward to it as long as I get the Gearbox back in in time! See you there.
DJ
Vin3320