Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Door locks
I have been reliably informed (thanks R H ) that my drivers door lock is knackered Sad Can any one recommend a cheap alternative replacement?? Cheers
Mike
Bingley, West Yorkshire
VIN 2493

"Hey you, get your dam hands off her"
I believe, Austin Metro - possibly also Montego or Maestro.

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-CWC102250

or

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-CWC102240

You may have to contact them to ensure you get two matched ones...

Rich
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Thanks for the link Rich
Mike
Bingley, West Yorkshire
VIN 2493

"Hey you, get your dam hands off her"
Worth getting another person to help you fit the lock. Makes it easier to avoid dropping the clip inside the door. Ask me how I know :oops:
VIN 4494, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 757
I discovered I had a missing lock linkage rod inside my passenger door over the summer this year. (Yes, it took me nearly 5yrs and the absence of my battery dependent remote central locking to discover this!) :oops:
It would have to be the one that goes from the lock too...of course! Since it's the expensive one! (Typical))

Anyway, I had to take the lock out to fit the rod. I had no problems doing it myself from start to finish. 8)
But then again, I do have un-naturally small hands. :lol:
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Hi Chaps,

I'm having a few issues with the door on the passenger side. It seems to stick when opening. It opens a crack and then seems to catch on the lock and not go any further. It then requires shoving shut and re-unlocking with the key in order to open it. It cannot be unlocked from inside, the button doesn't seem to push down far enough. The central locking isn't working either.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Alex

"That punk Calvin Klein"
ali66 Wrote:Hi Chaps,

I'm having a few issues with the door on the passenger side. It seems to stick when opening. It opens a crack and then seems to catch on the lock and not go any further. It then requires shoving shut and re-unlocking with the key in order to open it. It cannot be unlocked from inside, the button doesn't seem to push down far enough. The central locking isn't working either.

Yes.

Frankly.

Not 100% of the time though. The doors are fickle.

I don't have a solution other than the usual "try looking at the door alignments again" statement and the "make sure the door is closed properly before locking" and "make sure the door is opened swiftly and not half heartedly" suggestions.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
ali66 Wrote:Hi Chaps,

If the front or rear latch is sticking, more than likely you need to remove the door cards and adjust the connecting rods between the handle and the locks.

Similar to this guy
http://lukesandel.com/auto/delorean/rep ... latch.html
DOC 116
VIN 6237