Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vin #20032
Love at first sight
Loaded up
A bit dusty
Home safe and sound
I got the mot done last Thursday and have requested the forms from dvla to register the car,will I need the original title document as this was not in the car ?I only have copies.In hindsight I should have sent off for the dvla forms a while ago but I assumed you could get the forms from the post office. Just waiting for them now.
Where can you get the rear plate made up to fit the original bezel,is it just a smaller plate with the same size lettering or are they proportionally smaller?
Cheers Max
Hiya, you will need original title to get car registered in the UK. Do what I did though, and keep a photocopy
of it, as DVLA will retain it and you wont get it back.

If you go on various 'show plate' websites, you can order a number plate in the right size, make sure it has the
BS mark on it though to keep the MOT man happy.

Also, and something we had a run in with an MOT garage with 'Sorbet' about, VOSA are quite clear, that if a
vehicle's original licence apeture does not allow standard UK sized lettering without altering the vehicle, then
a licence plate that is clear, readable and fits in the apeture is perfectly ok. Basically, VOSA say that you shouldnt
alter the bodywork of an import vehicle to satisfy UK numberplate size legislation.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I finally picked up the original title document from the post office Saturday morning after getting a missed package card through the door Wednesday,when I got back home there was another missed package card on the door mat,oh the irony!
So I have filled in the v55 and bundled in all the paperwork I have and a cheque for £285 so hopefully hear back soon with a reg number.
I have a couple of questions in no particular order if anyone can help/advise.
Is it ok to use brasso on the body to clean it any real no no's
Are the rubber buffers on the engine cover available
The bonnet osf corner appears not to be bonded completely to the fibreglass frame underneath,anyway of rectifying this?
Is it easy to slide the T panel across between the doors as the passenger side rubs.
How is the electrical panel in the engine bay secured on (pic to follow)
Cheers Max
Quote:Is it ok to use brasso on the body to clean it any real no no's
mmmm never tried it might it be to abrasive??? Cilit Bang grime and lime works well if it's just dirty!
Quote:Are the rubber buffers on the engine cover available
Not sure which ones you mean, the ones that are attached to the tub that the bonnet rests on?
Quote:The bonnet osf corner appears not to be bonded completely to the fibreglass frame underneath,anyway of rectifying this?
Pass, but the bonnet comes off easy enough, perhaps worth a call to Chris N and asking him?
Quote:Is it easy to slide the T panel across between the doors as the passenger side rubs.
Depends on how well it's stuck down.... you may be able to move it a little by removing the screws behind the outer door trim. (may be some at the rear as well but cant remember)
Quote:How is the electrical panel in the engine bay secured on (pic to follow)
Do you mean the cover for all the connectors?
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Thanks all for the replies so far,the electrical box has the sticker on regarding jump starting,I can't get any photos to load at the mo' operator error.The buffers screw in to the engine lid cover at the rear corners.I washed the car but the stainless looks dull,and not as shiny as others look in pictures.the bit I did clean with some Brasso lifted loads of black from the metal and looked cleaner,I wanted to check it was ok to carry on with that.
Max Power Wrote:Thanks all for the replies so far,the electrical box has the sticker on regarding jump starting,I can't get any photos to load at the mo' operator error.

There is a small metal tab underneath it sits on, then the clip on the top should latch over another metal tab.

Max Power Wrote:The buffers screw in to the engine lid cover at the rear corners.

http://www.delorean.eu/catalog/product_i...1hqs2dr2u3

Max Power Wrote:I washed the car but the stainless looks dull,and not as shiny as others look in pictures.the bit I did clean with some Brasso lifted loads of black from the metal and looked cleaner,I wanted to check it was ok to carry on with that.

Haven't used Brasso myself, but I do have a Stainless Steel 3M cleaner. It works well for removing dirt, but needs to be applied evenly or leaves streaks. It does give a nice shine though (see attachment).

A wash with warm water mixed with a lil' bit of washing up liquid normally does the trick for a good clean though, provided you dry it straight away to avoid streaks Smile
VIN 4494, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 757
Aldi do a stainless steel rejuvinator cleaner. Superb stuff, superb price. Just make sure you clean WITH the grain in the metal. No circular cleaning of these cars. They like straight line cleaning.

You'll only need this stuff once, for many years to come. I just use car wash as normal or windowlene at shows or for quick fix cleaning of grubby finger prints from all the kiddies (kiddies range between 3yrs old to 83yrs old)
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
That is SHINY 8)
I'm normally in Aldi at least 3 times a week so will check that out,I know what you mean about finger prints.Is the Aldi stuff part of there normal range or one of the "specials" they have.
It seems I've temporarily forgotten how to post pictures. :roll:
Max Power Wrote:That is SHINY 8)
I'm normally in Aldi at least 3 times a week so will check that out,I know what you mean about finger prints.Is the Aldi stuff part of there normal range or one of the "specials" they have.
It seems I've temporarily forgotten how to post pictures. :roll:

I think it's there pretty much all the time. If not, they normally get it in quite regularly.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
...also.

Use the chosen cleaner using Microfibre clothes. That's the secret to any deep shiny DeLorean streak-free finish. 8)
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):