Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long wheel base DMC
Was wondering if anyone has customised a Deloran with a longer wheel base to have seats in the back.

I AM NOT talking about the limo someone made with 3 pairs of doors.

Just a slightly longer chassis, like 12 inchse to add to the space behind the frount seats.
Still with single pair of doors.

Don't worry guys, I am not compromising. I want the two seater. Just interested, as the chassis looks quite basic.

Was their any plans to put 4 seater in production. Sketches / pre production designs.
Have ordered the delorean story ~ will read next week
Apologies if their is information contained in the book, that I have not read yet.
Couple of pictures of the Sedan hear: http://deloreans.co.uk/forum/viewtopic. ... 5&start=60
Not sure if there will be a lot more in ChrisP's new book when they add in this information. I have a feeling someone over in Ireland did what your suggesting. I just cant remember who though. One of our club magazines did a big feature on the sedan as well.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Thanks alot.

interesting they had the doors so huge
But door being ever so slightly larger, and front seats that fold forward, to access the rear would look more within the cars 'lines'
Easier to extend just with the door, rather than additional panels.

Not sure I like the sedan, did they do any other concepts?
Chris Williams Wrote:Couple of pictures of the Sedan hear: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4745&start=60
Not sure if there will be a lot more in ChrisP's new book when they add in this information. I have a feeling someone over in Ireland did what your suggesting. I just cant remember who though. One of our club magazines did a big feature on the sedan as well.
Chris

Joining upon my return in september.
Will buy back issue of the magazine aswell then.
A chap in Norther Ireland adapted his DeLorean into a four seater, he didn't actually adjust the chassis, it was just reconfiguring the engine and then modifying the tub, from outside it looks stock.

I can't find any pics at the moment, but it had two small seats in the rear, search for DMC24

James
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
It was John Dore wasn't it?

He used a renault alpione rear setup from memory and reconfigured the rear chassis/ engine layout significantly, lots of work but it did make a useful 2+2 though. I don't know whether he ever got it road-registered.
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Brilliant.
Would love to see photos.
Will hunt around.
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]i like a challenge so i had a hunt around and came across these........
That's the one. Now I think, he also moved the rear window a few inches rearwards until it was tight under the louvres, thereby creating more rear headroom. Meant he also had to extend the internal roof panel and do some significant fibreglass work around the rear glass. Still looked sotck externally though unless you looked under the rear to see the new wishbone setup etc.

So strictly it wasn't a long-wheelbase!
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
that is amazing !!!!!!!!!
really great.
my head is spinning, maybe complete wreck rebuild is better.
choices choices,
I was lucky enough to park next to him outside the Folk museum so got to talk to him a lot about the car. The rear wheels on John's car ended up being moved backwards about an inch due to the Alpine subframe, it was also sporting the atmos prv from the donor Alpine. The end result was they didn't look quite right in the rear arches, which could do with the services of Mr N to correct.

This however is no detriment to the work he'd done even back then which was amazing. I wonder how far he managed to get.
VIN 17152 - The Manx 'D'
Oops :oops:
VIN 17152 - The Manx 'D'
I think that 4 seater looks great, although with child seats being so bulky nowadays, I'm
not sure they'd fit - or maybe its just the photograph making them look narrow.

Are the seats from the Alpine too? They look very Renault-esque in design.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
yes - together with the whole rear shelf by the looks. Hmmmm. 80's Velour....
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
gotta love the 80's lol................ now, I wonder if we could do a 70's DeLorean
complete with black vinly roof and leopard print seatcovers :lol:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie