Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEC Classic Car Show 2014
TheOriginalMrP Wrote:Yeah, be there Sunday but to everyone's relief, I won't have a pint in each hand spilling everywhere this time...

Proper gutted lol... :-)

Booooooooo!!!

I was gonna join you this time. Need a good opportunity to drown my sorrows and show myself up in classic drunken style amongst the general public instead of just on my own. :lol:
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Well I could be tempted on a last minute decision ! Lol
There has been a late addition to the Silverstone Auction at the NEC tomorrow (Sat) a grey manual LHD, ex Phil Peters ( some years ago) looks OK to me…but don't take my word for it.

NO RESERVE…..seems to have 12 months N.l. MOT. Could go for a song…but then again it might not. Vin 4400
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I have been told that the car went for £25k plus buyers premium ( 15%) …..
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
£28,750?

I think by the end of 2015, any UK LHD delorean will be 30k...

Darren was right.... :-)
wow, we need to sort out our insurance values on Flopsy and Sorbet!

See you there tomorrow people, we're aiming to get there at opening time all
being well.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
TheOriginalMrP Wrote:£28,750?

I would say madness, but I'll wait to see what turns up on the ship first!! Being collected Monday now!! Tongue
Was you at the NEC today Karl?
No, I popped up Saturday, Met Chris, Tom, Mike, went to the auction (cheers Mike) & bought a cool Dodge-Charger t'shirt. You?
Chris P Wrote:I have been told that the car went for £25k plus buyers premium ( 15%) …..
I understand that there was also 20% VAT added to the buyers premium making the final price £29500
Mike Knowlton DOC #761
DeLorean DMC-12, VIN#4208,
Black Interior, Automatic. Grooved bonnet, Gasflap
When I spoke to the auctioneers …before the auction I understood that the 15% included the VAT element. But no matter if we are talking £28,750 or £29,500, the fact is that a very nice, grey int. manual LHD Delorean, needed a small amount of cosmetic work, with a years MOT is worth nearly £30k.

Apparently the bidding was fast and furious. I have spoken to the new owner who lives in London and he is thrilled with his new purchase, as his his young son.
This is good news for owners, but not so good for prospective owners. Just shows what a good investment a DeLorean can be.
( Despite what Quentin Dick head said a few years ago! ….He was at the show spouting on..just a few yards away from the DOC stand, but I didn't listen to him)

A great few days, lots of books 'pre-sold', great company and a trouble free drive home in DeLores . Well done everyone who helped out and attended.

Incidentally Barrie Wills came to see us again and gave our book his seal of approval. We also had several other ex factory employees, one of whom always carries his DMC factory pass around with him …....to this day ! This Just shows what an effect this car still has on people.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
88mph Wrote:No, I popped up Saturday, Met Chris, Tom, Mike, went to the auction (cheers Mike) & bought a cool Dodge-Charger t'shirt. You?

I went up Sunday for the day Karl, and thoroughly enjoyed it.
The DOC always put on a good show.

I have inherited a DeLorean neighbour so to speak... A fella about 5 miles from me has taken the plunge, and his car landed recently. It's currently with Chris Nicholson so I'm let to believe...

So mini meets are a thing of the future in South Wales it seems... Where as before back in 2007, I was the only one locally, now there are probably about ten cars in a 50 mile radius...

That's still a minute number though, and I encourage anyone interested in purchasing to do so before it gets out of reach....

Good to see everyone at the show! :-)
Just to say a huge thank you to everyone who either helped out at the show by providing cars (ChrisP, Ollie and Tony) along with Tom who had his on the Lancaster stand. along with far to many other people to mention who helped man(woman) the stand and visit to say hello, plus a special mention to Dave Howarth for supplying the stand. As ever it was a very busy show and the DOC stand was as ever swamped, helped by Ollie's stunning BTTF car. A huge amount of interest in the car and joined up a load of new members and new owners who have cars on route or just arrived (Ben I have forwarded your details to the chap you mentioned).
Great to see lots of faces old and new and it just goes to show how the interest in DeLoreans is surging ahead by the number of interested people making genuine enquiries about the car.
Thank you all again it's great to be part of the best club in the UK
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
It was good to be part of it. Had a small mishap on the way home. My extinguisher went off in the car and got dry powder everywhere :oops: . However I was messaged by a friend on my watch who by coincidence happened to be in Birmingham too. He said he saw some poor soul in a Delorean in the hard shoulder near the M6 and thought it might have been me. He said its plate was VRL or VNL any ideas who that was?
Vin1373 check out ashbrookweddingcars.co.uk& very soon, deloreanhirenortheast.co.uk
Quote:My extinguisher went off in the car and got dry powder everywhere
Oh dear, kind of an irony in that, could only happen to a fireman! Hope everything is OK though...
Quote:some poor soul in a Delorean in the hard shoulder near the M6 and thought it might have been me. He said its plate was VRL or VNL any ideas who that was
Some one else mentioned that to me, but you never know if it's correct I wonder if it was Steven, his starts with VRL

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584