Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stainless Steel Door Pins (set of 4)
Chris, I got one of those plates from Ed. It was expensive but a good fit and received very quickly.

I let Julian Hunt (bandit) have my old one ( I assume he still has it?) which he was considering using as a template to have some more made in stainless. I don't think anything has materialised yet though...
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Oh..Right Richard, mine would be OK as a template, but not much else! I'll have a word with Julian.

Mine seems to have had the Air-con condensate running trough it for the last 9 years!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Yep, I think a historic leak from the brake master cylinder was what had done for mine. The epoxy inside had all wrinkled up and it was badly corroded from the upper face at the front N/S corner, which was only just starting to come through to the visible side. In the end I dropped the tank to do some rust rectification work inside the front part of the X-frame where fluid had previously been pooling and tracking along.

It was good to have a reason to do it though, as I also took the opportunity to do a lot of painting and rustproofing inside the front chassis, and to have the lower arms blasted and renovated.
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Chris P Wrote:Paul,
was it you making the large plates that hold the petrol tank in? If so have you any in stock?
Chris, I have made one of these for a local owner:

[Image: 20140527_182252393_iOS.jpg]

It was made as a one off, but I could get another laser cut if youre interested? The price is pretty much the same as Ed (but you'd save some dosh with UK shipping). If I get just one made at the laser cutters it might work out a bit more expensive than the last time (last time it was part of a larger order of various bits and pieces). If I could get a few people interested I could get a quote on a set number of fuel tank panels, like a group buy.
Yes Paul, i'd be interested ….may as well keep the work in the country if we can. Ball park price? I could always pick it up from Daves
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Chris P Wrote:Yes Paul, i'd be interested ….may as well keep the work in the country if we can. Ball park price? I could always pick it up from Daves
I charged £150 for the panel last time. It was quite expensive to have laser cut. Plus I had the laser cutters form the joggled end as my folding machine wouldnt cope with this thickness/length. It would be good to get a list going of anyone who is interested and then I could try and get the price down at the laser cutters for a batch.
I would be interested if it was a fair bit less than £150, depends on quantity I suppose!
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Good skills man, the one I got from Ed was about 200 euros from memory - but I was in a hurry Smile

His don't feature the side flutes but they have drain holes in the shape of the delorean logo.

Incidentally the 'bad' one you have there was much better than mine viewed from that side!
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Back to the ordinal topic now...

Just to clarify, these will fit both early and late models. Only the thread length is different when compared to early type door pins. DMC made the thread on later pins longer by about 1/4 inch seemingly to accommodate extra washers behind the pin if required. The rubber boot in the pictures is something from a later model and fits over the pin after installation to hide the washers. Rubber boots not supplied.
Looking forward to receiving my door pins…..DeLores deserves a set of nice shiny ones.

I'm actually going to learn how to get the doors to shut and latch properly. Andrew Westerman will teach me…..and he's agile enough to squirm around in the car if we inadvertently get a door jammed!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Pins all fitted and looking good…managed the job myself, took a couple of photo's of each one before I disturbed them and all good now…thanks Paul.

Radiator brackets arrived today. No rush to fit them. Still interested in a tank plate…… if you can organise a small batch at a decent price.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Good stuff Paul you should hopefully get a few orders for these.

I can confirm that these really are excellent quality and finish, also really do look the part on the car as the pins are so visible.
A set of these, along with various other stainless bits made by Paul are going on the car I'm currently restoring. 8)
My new pins were waiting at home for me after my 2 weeks away. Look great. Thanks they made it safely all the way down under