Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vin 522 RHD "Flashy" for sale.
As I have already indicated around the forum Vin 522 , one of the oldest Deloreans surviving is now for sale.

Registration number is back to SIJ 5996, former Delorean Engineering car.

!2 months MOT , 6 Months tax.

Its red and black interior may not be to everyones taste but its in good condition and thats how it was when I bought it.

I had a new set of Red side stripes handmade as per the originals. They are not fitted but come with the car.

The list of new parts it has had are, almost endless. The pulls like a train and has only done 30k miles, it is de-catted with an internally modified silencer.

THe only things not working are the Air con, Speedo ( cable broke last week) , central locking is intermittent .

The doors could do with re-aligning slightly, but as they are very early ones and have no guides fitted, it will need patience to get them right.

The electric windows are sluggish. It still has a very slight drip from the N/S drive shaft, despite my attempts to fix it.

I have an original pair of front flashers included ( if you don't like day-time running lights)

Thats about it really.

The price is £29,995.00 to anyone on this forum, until next weekend. After which I will start at £35k to the general public.

Please email or phone me direct. history@deloreans.co.uk or 07502 143433

Chris P
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Good luck with the sale Chris.

For anyone looking to spend £24K plus on a Left hand drive would be wise to dig £6K deeper to buy this Rare Early Vin Right hand drive.

At £30K this is probably the cheapest RHD available anywhere, and probably ever again!

Ben
Thanks Ben, its always been my policy to cover my costs…plus a little bit. I'm not interested in "Maximising" my returns. Deloreans are my hobby and passion, its not a business…i'm retired from business !

It should be at Dorset, you can have a test drive…if you can prise Mike Sumner out of the driving seat!! ( these are his pictures…see next Mag.)
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Yes I think this will be a very good buy, I would encourage anyone to have a chat with ChrisP to establish the extent of the work that has been done to this car prior to Chris owning it and since. It has brought the car up to a great standard. Although there are still a few issues (it's just the case with these things) I think it's a good car and there is at least one other red interior car in the UK!
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
I've driven this beast and can verify that not only does it shift, it sounds the business when it does.

[Image: 10173785_10154028004720494_5624914764113463719_n.jpg]
[Image: 10173812_10154028005265494_1052675256375002116_n.jpg]
[Image: 10153148_10154028008185494_681837992628051893_n.jpg]
[Image: 10262215_10154030718445494_9179583548259014518_n.jpg]
Ahhhh Matt, I think I mis-credited some of your pictures!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
No worries! My girlfriend took this video on our drive - captures the sound inside very nicely....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5eld1j69zao3lhk/IMG_4462.MOV
I particularly like the lighting in the black and white photo. It looks like Belfast circa 1981 Big Grin
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
I really like that interior color.
Do you have pictures with the new side stripe?
Chis your private plate is superb. Big Grin
Mike
Bingley, West Yorkshire
VIN 2493

"Hey you, get your dam hands off her"
Saw this car when I was picking up the damaged set of louvres, looked excellent, hope it finds a good home.
Right then..a multi-reply.

Yes the plate is nice, but very soon after I put it on my Delorean , I realised it was a mistake, a Delorean doesn't need any further embellishment to look good. The car should be the star, not its custodian.

Regarding the side stripes, you can't really see much through the backing paper…they are IDENTICAL to the originals..so heres a picture of them.

I still like the interior colour as well! Some you mat think it looks better in Matts B& W photo though!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Regarding Flashy…i'd much sooner it went to a club member, than some investor.

It needs a sensible, mechanically aware owner, just to fine tune its last few jobs. Obviously this would be better suited to someone with previous experience of a Delorean……I won't say looking to "upgrade", because that is a matter of opinion, but let's say someone wanting a car that is a 'little different' from most.
Its also the 12th oldest surviving production car in the world, as the other 11 were scrapped by the factory, which makes it interesting. It wouldn't actually be a massive job to change its trim colour if you wanted.

I appreciate that not many folk have £30k in their back pocket. But to anyone who is currently an owner, with a running car, there is a strong market out there and you are well on the way already.

If Someone at Dorset wants to do a deal, I would be very accommodating. I'm not in a rush to complete the deal, but would like to get its future sorted. So a decent deposit would hold it for say a couple of months, but you would have to be realistic about the price you could get for your car and your ability to complete.

I can't say fairer than than that.

I'm really looking forward to driving AXI 1698 again…...…see you at Dorset.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Ive had someone requesting interior shots..so here you go. And with its number back on.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Hi Chris

its a shame as i have seen my name on this car for a while, but at present just do not have the cash.

i too know some history, and saw it in the flesh with the previous owner, albeit with no interior and no front rear bumpers etc.....he reckoned a weekend of work to have it pristine!!.

i assume you have his paperwork as he owned it from the mid eighties.

the exhausts used to be fluted.....yes like old muskets, i have never seen before.

and to all other members this is the infamous car that was laquered every few years, supposedly to stop finger marks!.

the laquer was a little tired i think when you got it Chris?.

That stripe too....i assume it was fitted mid eighties and not a factory 'test' as only 2 official stripes used? (and not i think on early cars?).

i assume this has a bobbly engine tub?

Regards

steve
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370