Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeLorean on Ebay UK WARNING
This has appeared on Ebay UK: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DeLorean-DMC1 ... 27e5c650c6
I would suspect a dodgy ad, all the pictures are old ones from different events and not of the same car, I have alerted the owner of the car featured in the first picture.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Yeah, I saw this and decided to leave well alone as the interior shot shows an auto and in one of the exterior shots you can clearly see a manual shifter through the door. Not to mention the number plate is different in different shots.
The more people that report this kind of activity the better.

So obviously fake....
Plus being one of the very rare 1978 models and only 621059 miles on the clock!
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Highest Milage one I've ever seen! I've reported it as well. These folk ought to get prosecuted!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I feel almost insulted that they are so underselling my car. £13,000? It's worth nearly twice that

How do I report the scumbag on Ebay? I can't work out how to do it.
Richard M.
Edenbridge, Kent
VIN 981
It would seem ebay have acted and removed the listing Smile
I reported it and send them a confrontational email too.

The phone number was legit but I never spoke to anyone.

Yes, this is really annoying that someone thinks they can get away with it... I mean what's the crack if you actually went to view?

Is it a ploy to hold you hostage for a ransome demand? There's some pretty desperate people out there and with all these tv programs aired recently with huge sums of money involved, are probably opening up opportunities for fraudulent activity.
Quote:The phone number was legit but I never spoke to anyone.
Yeh I tried as well as it was only 'in Stevenage' but there was no reply.
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
I too reported it to eBay, sent the "seller" an email and a text telling him that we were on to him and the "boys in blue" could well come knocking on his door!

What a prize D*ck Head to try that on with a DeLorean?
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Isn't it funny that we've all done the same thing?

Just goes to show that we truly look out for other members and potential owners as someone who went into buying that car blind would have got stitched!

Proud to be a member of and part of the DeLorean Owners Club UK..... I know not many other forums would stick together so tightly... In fact some even love the thought of other people falling....

Ben
I saw it through the Autoshite Facebook Group, and immediately knew it was spoof ad due to location
and sellers description, plus other factors.

Noticed later ad had been pulled.

I feel ashamed to say that Stevenage is my home town now :oops:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Chris P Wrote:Highest Milage one I've ever seen! I've reported it as well. These folk ought to get prosecuted!

I wonder what the highest mileage is known for a DeLorean within the UK. I remember in an American documentary back in the early nineties that mentioned cars that had done over a half million miles at that time mostly by the owners that had bought them new in 81/82...

I've proudly just past the 67,000 mark yesterday. Back in 2002 I bought it with just 6,500 on the clock.
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
Flopsy has probably done about 100k, she's showing 83k, but has had an inop speedo
on and off here and in the US for around 8 years out of the 33 she's been on the road
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie