Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noob saying hello!
Greetings everyone! I'm James from the West Mids, i like most people have looked longingly at pictures and videos of the Delorean for many many years obviously starting with the movies! I've been telling myself for years that i'll own one some day but only if i had a nice garage to keep it in so i can give it the love it deserves which i don't have atm but will very soon hopefully!

I came to the classic car show at the NEC last year and only found the DOC stand as the show was closing so didn't have much time to look at the cars on display Sad i'm 6'2" and had every intention of asking one of the owners if they'd kindly let me sit in their lovely D's to see if i fit? I'd be gutted if i'm too tall!! I never plucked up the courage to ask as it felt a bit cheeky with it being a flying visit!

Hopefully i'll get the chance some day soon.

Great site, been lurking for some time and joined a little while ago but i hope to get more involved.

Big Grin
you have no worries on the height side of things, JZD was 6'4" IIRC.

Welcome to the club Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Jimble Wrote:I came to the classic car show at the NEC last year and only found the DOC stand as the show was closing so didn't have much time to look at the cars on display Sad i'm 6'2" and had every intention of asking one of the owners if they'd kindly let me sit in their lovely D's to see if i fit? I'd be gutted if i'm too tall!! I never plucked up the courage to ask as it felt a bit cheeky with it being a flying visit!

Hi there,

No need to worry, I'm 6'4 like JZD and had the same concerns as you. Luckily Mr.P on here was kind enough to let me sit in his and it's fine! Smile Not to say it isn't tight though, seat back as far as it will go and back reclined as far as it will go. Definitely check how you feel in one first though!

Good Luck!
1981 Restored Black Interior Auto
&
1981 DeLorean Time Machine 2015 edition

http://www.backtothefuturedeloreanhire.co.uk

http://www.deloreanhire.com
Thanks for that! There seems to be quite a few Deloreans appearing on television just lately, i think someones trying to tell me something?! Big Grin

I'd like to get to a few more shows featuring Deloreans and hopefully pluck up the courage to ask one of the friendly owners if i can try one on for size as it were!

Thanks again.
get yersen down to Dorset in 2wks and join us for a weekend of silliness and stainless Smile

Failing that, there is always plenty of stuff going on in the Midlands if you want to come
along to one of our meet ups Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie