Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DMUK & DMCH PRV's
I look forward to seeing that Mart.
I bet it will rip.
Remember i have been in a stage 2 car and the twin turbo and they don't hang around for what they are. 8) 8)
Thank God I don't know how to get hold of this gentleman... otherwise I would be looking for a ride in this amazing car. I thought this one had the new crate bi-turbo Safrane engine?

The Efi is now setup spot on?
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
doing some more rolling roading on Thursday but I sorted a really horrible grounding issue which was causing lots of wierd probs.

It does have a crate Safrane BiTurbo engine. I fitted/wired the ecu and got the engine running and idling and the car drivable up to the rolling road. I tend not to say it's a Saf Bi-Turbo engine because everyone points out the obvious that it's only got one turbo... The only reason the Saf got twin turbos is because a single one wouldn't fit under the bonnet. It's an A610 engine basically, but to buy one of those from Alpine costs a tad more than a Saf engine from Renault.

The turbo on that GTA is £1200-worth of hybrid T3/4 and capable of over 500hp. Probably a bit over-specced but it slams at high revs.

In the middle of a 3 litre naturally asp conversion in a GTA at the moment. Was a 2.8 odd-fire with triple webers will now be a 3 litre even fire EFI from our Safrane that Rob killed.... pics on the website when the engine/gearbox assembly all goes back together.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
I didn't kill that one! It was natural causes.
Rob Williams
DOC 475
VIN 17152
To be honest out here in texas handling isn't a problem, americans don't use steering wheels lol. but yeah I'm thinking of a 350 chevy coz it's been done before so I can get advice and all, if not I'll see if I can get any extra power from DMC's stage 2 engine or even find the next best transmission.