Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early VIN for sale in US
Because we've already got one! Tongue
Because we've already got one!
andyd Wrote:Really early vin tho, those cars are a bit different. Seems a shame for such an early car with a 3 figure vin

Honestly I don't know why people feel that way about the low-VIN cars. Except for the ones with real history (prototypes, VIN 502, WH cars etc) they're just badly assembled DeLoreans put together by inexperienced workers. If you're going to prioritise cars to be preserved I'd go for the really late ones, the best examples of the model (particularly the supervisor-assembled 20xxx cars).
Its not like there are non for sale.

Just check out ebay, theres always deloreans for sale, from £4-£30K, so plenty to choose from.

If you feel so strongly about it being broken up, then you should have bought it.... You didnt buy it, so really you have no right to complain.

Stain thinks the same way as you, but actually goes out buying and saving them, so he has the right to complain, as he is doing somthing about it....
Starglider Wrote:
andyd Wrote:Really early vin tho, those cars are a bit different. Seems a shame for such an early car with a 3 figure vin

Honestly I don't know why people feel that way about the low-VIN cars.

Just because they are a bit different. After 33 years, most bits from any of the cars weren't assembled by dunmurry technicians anyway, so by now the difference between a "good" late car and and a ropey early one may amount to nothing.

But things like early doors, coin holders, ashtrays, wheel type andcolour, and underbodies are interesting, of limited number, and not available from the usual outlets.

So in my opinion, its nice to see early cars complete with all the early physical nuances which were later changed in production.

Andy
hi

cars are not just a piece of metal...its more than that. you either get it or don't.

it like saying the Mona Lisa is just a canvas, so no problem just to re-use it and paint over it. the same thing in my mind.
there is a difference with early cars. i would buy any, however of course early meant the company was new in full swing and fully controlled by John D.
obviously by 82/83 not. i have utmost respect for John D, he achieved what most others could not. at the end of course got desperate but i can see why.

refering back to this car, yes the us owner should be ashamed. it does not matter there are a few thousand left. as someone said very few D's are to break up, only if forced to by government rules and even then there may be one or two ways to save.

breaking one of these up like that is certainly not in the D community spirit and like i say certainly not a car enthusiast. He has destroyed what would have given another person much enjoyment.

i did not see it for sale previously, however we all have not quite a few K to spend at present, but this still does not mean break a car if it is worth a few dollars more in parts. i would not do that even if broke.

and yes i will be buying a rebuild when funds permit, however this one is now destroyed, and he is still trying to take the p**s and make a few quid out the little that is left.

steve
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
I disagree with all that, and I have seen the Mona Lisa in the flesh... to be honest, I cant see what all the hype is about. If someone bought it, and painted over it, it wouldnt bother me. They paid their money, then can do what they want with it.

Cars are just metal/fibreglass/rubber/plastic. They are a product. I am a car enthusiast, but I would break a car with no problem. I broke a Karmann ghia, It saved otheres out there that needed panels, chassis, running gear etc.