Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project DeLoreans for sale!
Hi

yes you now get charged 5% import duty on the car...i would guess you get charged 20% vat on the shipping costs.

most cars the resin tub is ok, its the steel backbone chassis that can have problems and some cases need a frame off repair, or even a complete repair and galvanise.

interiors can clean up and repair ok, it depends what really, and remember parts can get expensive.

fuel system normally needs a complete overhaul, however i would not look for a engine rebuild unless it needed it..ie dont fix something that is not broken...yes change the water pump and the y pipe and refurb the valley of death, the pump if old is likely to leak sometime.
and wiring, no leave alone if ok...but examine carefully the fuse box as that is where problems can be

if you were to completely renew interior you would be spending a huge amount of money, and a restored one is just as good (if not better as it is original)

steve
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
interior, I just ment carpets and seats, not dash. When you ment exspensive ~ did you mean including the dash? or is the carpets seat linings an expensive repair/ replace in themselves?
steve.s Wrote:yes you now get charged 5% import duty on the car...i would guess you get charged 20% vat on the shipping costs.
Unless anything has changed from when I shipped mine over from 4 years ago, the import duty is waived with it being a British built car providing you have a letter from Chris W to that effect, and the VAT is reduced down to 5% (5% VAT now applies to any vehicle over 30 years old).

With the cars Stain has rescued now being in the EU, the import fees will have already been paid.
VIN# 04708, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
any update about those project cars ?

still interested.
Marek "Reinsch" Kaminski
Reinsch Engineering Limited

Owner of #4454 - Restomod build in progress

Facebook group "Delorean vin 4454"