Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many DeLoreans in the UK
Just had an update on number of DeLoreans in the UK, back at the begining of 2012 there were 99 on the road and 25 Sorn'd

Figures just given to me for the end of 2013 are 109 on the road and 48 Sorn'd so a fair uplift in numbers. I know a lot have come back from the US over the last few years (I know I do the paperwork!) but I didn't realise it was that many.
Clearly this does not account for cars in museums/private collections (unless registered) or that have not been registered or were not registered before Sorn came into effect.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Interesting.

Does that include cars in N. Ireland? I know that they have their own DVLA

Does the SORN number just reflect cars that were SORN on the date that the report was run, or is it cars that were SORN all year? (I don't know too much about the whole SORN thing)
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
how about cars in the uk and unregistered too ? Smile

edit, lack of reading skills on my part, lol

Mine is unregistered
I know of 3 cars that are unknown to the DVLA…never been out of the UK and never run.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I remember reading a thread about one of the burgundy interior cars being at the back of a garage in Kent and which has never been driven. The owner won't sell it which seems like a terrible shame to me. I'd love to buy that car and restore it for road use (not that I can afford to do that sort of thing of course).
Richard M.
Edenbridge, Kent
VIN 981
It would be interesting if there was a UK only Vins list including the following...

Vin Number
Year of manufacture
81/82/83 model
Registration Number
Year of Import
Left or Right hand drive
If RHD, weather genuine Wooler Hodec or Professionally Converted
Stainless or Painted
Transmission
Interior colour
Hood Style
Wheel Colour
Dealer Options (Big side stripe, thin side stripe etc)
Owner name and County where car is registered, if applicable
Comments on Vehicle
Weather car is a BTTF replica or has been in the past.
Seperate information for unregistered Vehicles.
Previous Owners including names, locations and time owned/weather they imported vehicle etc
Current Club Valuation if applicable.

I realise the work to compile this list would be great, but if there a way where people could update the registry for their own vehicles, then it wouldn't be long before the list grows. Other cars could be added providing the information is accurate.

A summary of percentages could then be determined for variants, ie 47% Grey Manuals, 35% Black manuals, 8 % grey autos, 10% Black Manuals and so on.

I myself think a list like this would be very interesting for current and potential owners. It gives new buyers a chance to see the most popular variants and can make choices on their purchases based on their findings.

Also it would make an interesting article in the club magazine at the end of the year for those who don't use the forum...

I personally would love to compile a list like this but I don't think I have the resources some club members have. However If a few of us got together it could be achieved relatively fast and comprehensive. After all, it's nothing like a full Vins list is it?

Ben
Quote:Does that include cars in N. Ireland? I know that they have their own DVLA
No, it does not include the island of Ireland. I seem to remember seeing a figure of about 250 somewhere for Ireland?
Quote:Does the SORN number just reflect cars that were SORN on the date that the report was run, or is it cars that were SORN all year? (I don't know too much about the whole SORN thing)
At the time the report was run, a car has to be either taxed or declared SORN so the figure accounts for all registered vehicles. However if a vehicle has not been registered/recently imported Etc it does not include these. On-going tax or SORN has only been in effect since (I think 1998) So any vehicle not taxed since then are not recorded either.
Quote:I remember reading a thread about one of the burgundy interior cars being at the back of a garage in Kent and which has never been driven
That's the Haynes dealership one I think.
Quote:It would be interesting if there was a UK only Vins list including the following...
Great idea Ben but it would be so wrong on so many levels of the Data Protection Act that as a club we have to follow. The only way would be for individuals to contribute to it themselves with no club involvement. I don't think it's a bad idea but would be so incomplete that I don't think it would be worth it. I keep a list of known cars Etc. However I'm happy to go with the idea somewhere on a forum or website.

Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
There is a long running similar topic on www.delorean.ie.

Must say I was surprised at the amount of cars on this island.

http://delorean.ie/forum/viewtopic.php? ... 1&start=60
David Hamblyn
Vin# 16339
Thanks David, should have checked before I wrote that number (cant remember where I got that from!) So probably about 100 in Ireland than and no doubt like the UK, lots yet to be discovered :wink:
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584