Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KnightCon 2014 : 6th September : Doncaster Racecourse
Cross post from Knight Rider forum...... JohnC

"We are proud to announce the triumphant return of KNIGHTCON STAR CARS & HEROES "KSCH" on Saturday 6th September 2014 with our biggest and best event to date!

With the outstanding success of our 2013 event we have expanded to a new and exciting venue… The outstanding Doncaster Racecourse in Doncaster. With this expansion we are now able to offer not only our BEST line up of Star Cars to date and the greatest gathering of your favourite and iconic super heroes and villains! but also NEW elements to the event including: celebrity guest stars signing from the world of sci-fi, film and TV, NEW vendors section with amazing stalls selling film and TV memorabilia, NEW comic artist zone, all NEW displays, movie sets, and soon to be announced NEW Special display Zones! competitions, amazing prize give aways, and EVEN MORE!

And of course not forgetting the all new world famous KNIGHTCON STAR CARS & HEROES "Costumers Parade!"

Tickets will be on sale soon direct from the Doncaster racecourse website and will be priced at £7.00 general admission, £4 for under 12's and special discounted family tickets. (ticket link to follow)

We will also soon be launching the new "KSCH" website which is currently in development that will feature even more information, and of course our Facebook page will be updated as soon as more exciting news is available!

As always your continued support is so very much appreciated! and with your support KNIGHTCON STAR CARS & HEROES will continue to grow offering the most unique, cinematic and truly visual family experience in the country!"
ah, thats a bit closer to us then before, and diary looks clear, so stick us down Smile

Claire & Phill
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I'm up for paying a visit, was well worth going last year! Smile
Paul Bardill

1995 Peugeot 106 - N982 ATV
just bumping this thread, anyone else going?

Phill and I are free, be great to meet up with a few more DeLoreans on the day Smile
Oooh, crikey nearly missed this one. Thanks for the bump.

Yes, I'm definitely going to this. It's a brilliant show.
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
Hi,
What's the deal with this? Do we need tickets or just turn up?
I'll come along in the Delorean, it sounds like a really good show.
I think you need to let John Chapelhow know you want to come - which you pretty much have with
your last post, and we'll see you there on the 6th Smile
I willn'y be there this year ("booo!" I hear you all cry - or is it "yeeey!"?)

...I'll be sunning mysel' in sunny Cyprus instead. Little gutted, but I'll be thinking of what I'm missing as I sip on that lovely ice cold pina colada from the pool bar.

Have fun all who go!
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Looking forward to this. I'm bringing my kids so not able to bring the delorean. See you down there Big Grin
Mike
Bingley, West Yorkshire
VIN 2493

"Hey you, get your dam hands off her"
We've got a really cool display being planned for my car there, so looking forward to seeing everyone there! Big Grin
1981 Restored Black Interior Auto
&
1981 DeLorean Time Machine 2015 edition

http://www.backtothefuturedeloreanhire.co.uk

http://www.deloreanhire.com
OllieWilks Wrote:We've got a really cool display being planned for my car there, so looking forward to seeing everyone there! Big Grin

Great stuff, It will be good to finally meet you ollie
Mike
Bingley, West Yorkshire
VIN 2493

"Hey you, get your dam hands off her"
I've been offline for a while... I'll confess completely forgot about this, KnightCon has been late Septmeber for years :-(

The Knight Rider newsgroup went strangley quiet on the event in July, partly i think because it has morphed into the StarCars theme, and has much less of the close knit KnightRider vibe it had in the past.

I'm assuming Ollie's BTTF car, and certainly the majority of the KITTs will be indoors, with a "others" and "Americans" outside similar to what has happened at Xscape, but I'll admit details have been sketchy at best. I don't think it's fully the same crew organising it, but I may be wrong.

It appears that entrance into the event itself will be charged at £7, it's far less clear if there's a concession for bringing the car and/or what "entrance" means (the Doncaster Racecourse website is similarly vague

That said, i've enjoyed all the previous shows and will be getting up stupidly early tomorrow to get there. The show is listed as starting at 10, by which I asusme the normal health and safety rules apply and they'll need the cars in place 8:30-9:00 ideally.

JohnC
I've just messaged them via their Facebook page for clarification.