Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Employee writing in production line doors
I had cause to do a few jobs on the car today,and when I removed the door trim I saw writing in the doors ( the doors appear to have been assembled upside down) and the assembly date 10th October 1981, and the car serial number along with one I don't know. I wonder who Roy C is as he assembled both doors (Roy was on one),does any body have pictures of the doors being assembled, I don't think I've ever seen any. 8)
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
Phill has some quite cool 'cave paintings' on Sorbet, including the vin number and a date in Nov 1981,
one of Flopsy's doors has been signed by 'Pearce'
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Quote:one of Flopsy's doors has been signed by 'Pearce'
Not the same as this is it?
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
This is on one of mine!
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Nice one Chris-I wonder what the number beginning with K means, I guess some of the other numbers are for alignment or something. 8)
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
mine has been signed too.... i have also added my name and date too, to go with the history of the car Smile
lots of this will be covered in our book…..sorry about the quality of the pictures…problem uploading 20 meg one's!!!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
bjbrownie Wrote:Nice one Chris-I wonder what the number beginning with K means, I guess some of the other numbers are for alignment or something. 8)

That's your door key-code. If you call Houston they can get you an key based on that.
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
Chris P Wrote:lots of this will be covered in our book…..sorry about the quality of the pictures…problem uploading 20 meg one's!!!

Safety first in that first picture, eh?
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
Technically complying with the rule to 'Wear safety glasses at all times'!!!
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126