Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stainless Steel Louver Central Rib Reinforcement Strips
I have two types of reinforcement strips available that can be used to fix broken louvers or help prevent unbroken louvers from cracking. I have spent quite some time perfecting the profile of these to match both the early and the late type louvers rather than a 'one size fits all' item. The later type louvers were made with thicker fibreglass for extra strengthening, but these still crack. I made these reinforcement strips at the same time as performing a repair to a late type louver.

These are attached with 8x M4 stainless steel dome headed screws + dome nuts (supplied). It is also recommended to glue these in place for extra strength as well as screwing. For the repair I used a structural adhesive (DP100 by 3M) for bonding the strips and a product called 'Super Steel' for gluing the cracked fibreglass.

Early louvers:

[Image: early2640x479.jpg]

Late louvers (thicker fibreglass):

[Image: 2014-03-16018640x472.jpg]

Example of a broken louver:

[Image: 2014-01-11005480x640.jpg]

[Image: 2014-01-11009640x480.jpg]

Early type vs. late type reinforcing strip:

[Image: 2014-03-17001480x640.jpg]

As you can see the reinforcing strips for the later type have a reshaped profile to sit around the thicker fibreglass of the louvers central rib. The same picture can also be used as an example of the surface finish.

[Image: 2014-01-11026640x480.jpg]
(Note, the surface finish on the above picture was for paint, this is not the brushed finish).

The finished repair (painted):

[Image: 2014-03-16009480x640.jpg]

A repair guide will be included.

Price per set is £37.50 + £9.00 UK postage and packing, but if you want a brushed finish please add £10 otherwise they come as a 'clean' finish (no polish, brush etc but may have some surface marks from manufacture). This really depends on if you want to paint the strips after the repair is done, or leave them as a brushed stainless.
Anyone who wants shipping to EU please message me.
These will be sent in a postal tube by courier as Royal Mail no longer handle long items, they are now sent via Parcel Force and its very expensive.

Please message me if you would like more information on this repair.
[Image: 2014-03-17004480x640-1.jpg]
I still have a few of each type of these ready to go...
Are 2 supplied (one for each side) or is it just one?
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Yeah, you get two strips and the bolt kit for that price. Only option is the brushed finish for an additional £10 if desired.
OK, if you can allocate me a set please, no rush can come out with the other bits to save on postage.
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Yeah, no problem. Just let me know which type you need (early or late) and I'll get them ready for you.

Cheers, Paul
Quote:Yeah, no problem. Just let me know which type you need (early or late) and I'll get them ready for you.
Later (wide) type pls.
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Hi there

Do you still do these?
minispeedstar Wrote:Hi there

Do you still do these?

Sorry for the delay. I have PM'd you. Thanks
Paul,

Phill and I will be interested in two sets of the later type for our cars at some point in the
future, we're currently saving up for a load of parts from the USA, any left over sheckles
will be spent on stuff like this for our cars Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
No problem, I am away from home at the moment. I will be back soon for a quick visit and I will do a quick stock check as it's been a while since I made and sold any parts and I'm not sure what I have left.
ok Paul, no rush Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I have 3 sets of early type reinforcement strips left. I can modify these to allow them to fit the later style if needed.
Can I put my name on one Paul, i'll check which type it needs to be.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian