Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Australian Owner
airfireman1 Wrote:Interestingly it does not have the original fuse box and several control modules have been disconnected.

The original fuse box is quite prone to melting (contacts are under-rated), so this may be a blessing.
airfireman1 Wrote:As far as the power windows are concerned I think the switches are the culprit and I will get to then.

I would lay bets that the switches themselves are fine. Just the spade connections need cleaning and wires corrode where crimped onto the spades which causes intermittent connection.

My drivers and passengers switches worked intermittently and my cure was to disconnect the plug and twist it a full 360 degrees so all the wires are tighter in their crimps. This also helps keep the switches in place as most DeLoreans have these switches all uneven like a row of derelict houses because the lugs are worn...

Sounds butcheristic but it works!
Success, after spraying the switches with an electrical contact cleaner and lubricant, both now work beautifully. Now onto the washer and sort the radio out so it sits properly and so the facia can go back on. Tried getting the glovebox out so I can get in behind the radio but it seems to be impossible to get the inner part out. I have managed to break the switch for its light just trying to disconnect it as the wires are so short. It can be repaired however, maybe take the console facia off?.
Seatbelts , tighten seat backs,window washer, battery tie down and strap for the spare tyre and hopefully it should be ready for full registration.
That may have to wait a while as I have to go back to work soon.
Trying to upload a picture of the use box area.
What is the black plastic module on the left for it has been disconnected with a sign on the plug to not reconnect
Hi Buddy.

That would be your central locking module.

I dont know if its a RHD thing, but that fuseboard isnt standard either.

Cheers!
True. I gathered the dues block has been replaced, the original cover was inside there along with a small pa met of fuses and some emery paper.
Hi David,

Great to see another Wooler-Hodec owner on the forum. Big Grin

I'm curious to know whether your car has the single brake servo setup or the dual setup with the additional servo mounted on the left-hand side of the engine bay?

If you're interested, I have a record of your car's original VIN number. I'm happy to post it up here if you're comfortable with that or alternatively feel free to drop me a PM and I can send it over to you.

Cheers,

Phil
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
Dangermouse Wrote:Does anyone know if that was the same Bridgewater auction as 12173 and 12179? Were all the W-H cars auctioned at the same time?

Hi Dermot,

Mary Hooper did a great write-up of VIN 12179 in the DOC magazine some years back. Re-reading Mary's article, 12179 was sold through BCA Brighouse on 10th February 1983. A total of 5 RHD cars were auctioned off that day and they were "the last DeLorean cars from the official receiver to be sold in Europe".

12173 went under the hammer at BCA Measham on 25th January 1983. I'm still trying to find out how many other DeLoreans were sold at the Measham auction.

Cheers,

Phil
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
I will check that out, I do know that there is a servo on the right hand side up in the fender area,. I have spent most of my time sorting out seals and electrics to date.
I am a fly in fly out worker and work some 1400 kms from home so I only get a short time each brake. This car is going to take quite a while to get it where I want it. There was not much in the way of quality control when this was built that's for sure.
No problems about the original vin, I have had the rear bumper off and got that number together with the chassis and engine number.
Also under the door liner was the name Davey written in chalk..
Quite appropriate I thought since my name is David.
Dusty, RHD Vin 12176 was also sold at Measham.

In fact it only moved 20 miles down the M1 to where I found it, 28 years later, in a barn with still only 4 miles on the clock!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Amazing story Chris Shock