Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Australian Owner
Chris Williams Wrote:
Quote:You have to be a member of the DOC club, rather than just the forum, to post in that section
There should be no issues with anyone posting there at all. If there is please let me know. The only section for DOC members is clearly marked DOC club members area.
Chris

Chris, non-DOC members have never been able to start a thread in this area, or indeed add a post to an existing thread. Cry

Re: 12181:I believe it was back in Ireland for EuroExpo 1993. I have a picture of it in an old DeLorean World magazine outside Belfast Castle (Vol 10, Issue 4). I assume your pictures are from that trip Chris?

I have a note that it was bought at a "1983 Auction". Does anyone know if that was the same Bridgewater auction as 12173 and 12179? Were all the W-H cars auctioned at the same time?
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
Quote:Chris, non-DOC members have never been able to start a thread in this area, or indeed add a post to an existing thread.
Odd, that should not be the case, indeed some of the threads on there are from non members :?: I will ask Rich to look into it and see why that's happening. Apologies for this I was not aware there was a fault with the forum.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Not a problem (or a "fault"). I just thought it was a DOC only area.

But it would be nice to be able to compliment owners on their cars.
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
regarding the 83 Auction. There was not one, but several run by British Car Auctions (BCA) held up and down the country . There would typically be two or 3 DeLoreans in each, usually with one RHD. Unfortunately I never been able to get any records from them.

Regarding the fuel tank and system..YES ..clean it all out, my vin 510 had a very similar history to your car, when I imported it from OZ, look what was in the talk!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Yuk that does look bad. Had a good look over it today and I have started to make a list of parts required and also faults the need attending to.
On top of the list is getting hold of a wiring diagram to help chase up the window washer,horn,and window problems.
Next will be the cosmetics, heat shield for the exhaust,engine decals,coil cover(missing), console switches, a couple that have been added ?
Also it has cibie headlights, unfortunately 2 have cracks and may cause a problem when it goes for inspection.
The seatbelts need looking at as they do not retract properly.
Alternator has been reconditioned at some stage but voltage seems low.
Battery retention strap not working and the battery cover plate is missing
Both the drivers and passengers seat backs have very excessive play.
All door weather strips need replacing.
Spacesaver spare missing
Cap for washer bottle not the correct one.

I am sure there is so much more and that will all reveal itself further down the track .
There is a wiring diagram readily available on here somewhere as a pdf file.

The seat backs are easy, common issue but easily sorted.

A lot of your issues are trivial.

With your electrical issues, start with fuses then connections on the switches before you start stripping the doors down.

If you do strip the doors down there are many sharp edges in there that will put you in hospital so take care.
Door seals are readily available but nearly always cause door closing issues.

Battery strap is a special knack... There is a diagram on its placement on the net. If it's not right, it won't work.
Be careful not to damage the panels covering your seat belts... These are hard to cone by in certain colours, they break easy.

Double check your voltage with a meter/tester. The gauge on the dash is not accurate.

Space saver may be hard to come by but there may be a cross reference for a steel one.

Washer cap isn't an issue if it seals. If not I'm sure they are available...
Ben
Its worth remembering that the wiring was altered for the RHD's, Mirror adjustment switch in the RHDoor etc. Sometimes not very well done, worth checking.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Thanks for all the reply, I have searched for a wiring diagram but to no avail, if someone could put a link upo that would be awesome.
back to an earlier post (see what I did there..... ok..........) I've never seen Rover SD1-esque lights
on a RHD before, only the 'trailer' lights like those on ChrisP's #522.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
There is a full workshop manual with the diagrams you need here.. It's in PDF format and your electrical diagrams are in the electrics section.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5070

Bear in mind your RHD may have changes.

And here is the link on how to do your battery strap so it works.

http://1561project.com/?page=batt-strap

Hope this helps.

Ben
And another hear: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?17-DM ... ng-diagram
This is a good topic for reference stuff: http://dmctalk.org/forumdisplay.php?5-Resources

But as others have said ask away on hear, no one will ever knock you for asking. Plus we have the most RHD DeLoreans so some will know how the modifications were done.

Quote:With your electrical issues, start with fuses then connections on the switches before you start stripping the doors down
As Ben wrote, it's well worth checking/replacing fuses and checking for poor/corroded connections before you start pulling things to bits. Most of the DeLorean vendors offer upgrade kits to replace 30 yr old parts.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Thankyou for your comments, I will make a start as soon as the weather cools down as it is summer here and for most of the week the temps have been in the mid to high 30's
Found the master cyl and booster today hidden underneath the right hand side near chassis. I thought they kept it in the same place but ran a tube under the dash to duplicate the action.
It certainly has some surprises.
Cheers
Dave
Registered with DMC talk forum several days ago so I could look at some wiring stuff but as yet I have not been given approval so I cant view them. They seem very slow in approving new members
DeLorean wiring is bizarre in places but at least fairly simple. IMHO the SD-1 style lights definitely look nicer than the 'truck lights' on the AXI RHDs.

Quote:Found the master cyl and booster today hidden underneath the right hand side near chassis. I thought they kept it in the same place but ran a tube under the dash to duplicate the action.

According to Chris Nicholsson, all the 'official' conversions had it on the right, but there were a few unofficial conversions that used a bar to operate the original brake from the other side of the cabin. He said all of these he'd seen were badly done and unsafe, so be glad you've got the master on the correct side!
Having some success with the electrical issues, replacing a few fuses and I now have a radio that works, a clock that works, a horn that works.
Still unable to get the window washer to work, wipers are working, power is good from the switch but due to restricted space I can't test it after the control module. So it looks like I might have to get to the washer bottle and check to see if I get power there.
As far as the power windows are concerned I think the switches are the culprit and I will get to then.
Interestingly it does not have the original fuse box and several control modules have been disconnected.