Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another forgotten gull-wing door car
Browsing ebay in the Dinky Toys section (as you do) I came across a strange looking toy car called a Marzal, made by Lamborghini as a concept/show car for 1967, looking at it you can see a few similarities with the DeLorean, especially the way the doors look when aloft. Lots of glass made for a very light and airy car, not sure about the seating choice though! 8)
Strange how I've never noticed this one before!
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
This is the Dinky Toy of the Marzal, it doesn't do the real thing justice-but it is only a toy! :lol:
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
Thanks for sharing!

It looks very familiar and I love all the hexagons in the interior. Even the seats have that shape if you look carefully.

And that louvre is very unusual but it works.

The triple headlights give the nose the look of an Alfa Romeo SZ

:-)
The more you look at it, more details seem to become DeLorean similar-I wonder if JZD,Chapman and the boys at Lotus got a few 'styling' ideas off this,after all it was penned by Bertone one of the top Italian style studios at the time.
This Bristol was very close to the DOC stand at the NEC last year, very lightweight gull wing doors made from Kevlar (I think) and plastic windows, all weighed very little and the only lift/support was by two gas struts, much smaller than what our cars use.
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Bristol got the gullwings correct, Lambo didn't.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
I've always liked the Tapiro, and I feel that Guigario re-used a lot of elements from it when he was doing the DMC draughts. Those rear tail lights show up in some early sketches in SSI and the seating / back pads is exactly the same in Proto 1.

[Image: ZuPrOKf.jpg]
[Image: lSMd82a.jpg]
[Image: HrSYYVC.jpg]
[Image: O7agP4o.jpg]
Matt,
any chance you could send me a few decent scans of these?

Thanks

Chris
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian