Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeLorean at Lakeland Motor Museum
We had a great time here when we holidayed in the Lakes this week,some brilliant car and bike exhibits and associated bits and well worth a look if you're in the area, you won't be disappointed if you like your cars,bikes and a lot of automobilia.
I had to check out the DeLorean here, I couldn't make out the VIN number but it's a grooved hood,black interior manual, someone will know the story on it here- it looked in good nick, a bit dusty and the headlining was sagging,the door was propped up with a pole (nothing unusual there , I thought something could have been improvised to the door strut to avoid this unsightly item) and the body finish was a bit 'flat',but it looked great parked up next to a superb Rover SD1.
A good thing about this museum is that you can walk right up to the cars, no ropes but don't touch please, staff were very friendly and gave us a 2 for 1 ticket as we had arrived 20 mins before closing time-nice one and thanks!
We will be coming back to the Lake District later this year and will spend the afternoon here! 8)
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
Im glad to see the museum is up and running OK, the last time I visited it was at Christmas time a few years ago as the new building was being completed. it and the entire area had just suffered the most terrible flooding, wrecking a lot of newly converted homes and buildings. I wondered if they would ever get it sorted out.

I first saw that car, Vin 758 was at the museums previous location at a nearby posh Hall. Its a post factory RHD and had obviously been well used as a factory LHD test cars It was bought by Roy Bates ( Racing) from an auction shortly after the factory shut down.

My pictures shows its "brother" Vin 752 an almost identical post factory RHD car in similar condition.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I saw that car in 2012 when we went to that museum with the Avantime Owners Club UK Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Nice pics. Loving the tshirt! Big Grin
http://www.deloreanhire.com
http://www.fusiontimetravel.co.uk

Ex 1981 DMC Delorean Time Machine owner.