Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wheel Nut Size?
I'll be getting the car out of storage in February and beginning the old MOT ritual. Part of that is replacing the hand-brake cables, so off come the rear tyres.

Unfortunately since my move to Scotland I've not got access to all the tools I had previously, so I'm wondering if someone can advise on what size socket I need to remove the wheel nuts? I've searched online but can't find a clear answer.
VIN 4494, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 757
A 19mm or a 3/4 will fit the wheel nuts. (I'm surprised you don't already have a full set of sockets in a tool set already though!?)
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Unfortunately my previous flat-mate used some of my tools without permission, and I've found a few things missing after moving (likely rolling around in the boot of his car!).

The one complete set I still have I know is too small for the DeLorean wheels, so Since I'm looking at buying some replacements, I wanted to make sure I got the right size to top-up the gaps in the larger set.
DOC 757
Sorry for double post, but I realized I forgot to say thanks! Cheers Rissy Smile
DOC 757
Im pretty sure the standard tyre wrench, with its extending handle from Wilko's fits perfectly. ( but might be worth checking before you fork out your £5 or £6.)
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian