Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drifting when pulling out from GiveWay Junction....
Not sure if this should belong to Transmission or Steering Catagory... Please move it if incorrectly placed.

It's raining today, and when I pulled out from GiveWay T junction from stand still, the car's rear end drifted out, and basically I ended up "power Sliding" till I gain full control again....

People on the road look amazed as if I was a drifter, but I was damn scared! Shock

The tyre threads are still good, and I am sure the tyre pressure on all 4 wheels are correct, as I just checked at the petrol station.

Could this be the differencial/gear box outputing different torque to the 2 rear wheels? Or is it a bad indication from the TABs, which is due to be change??
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

[Image: signature.jpg]
Or you might just require a little less right boot! :lol:
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
Does it matter if you looked cool 8)

On a serious note, let us know which tyre brand you have as some are hard wearing long lasting and others are soft grippy and short lasting. It is all a trade off.

Double check that your throttle spool is free too so it doesn't jam on.
Probably not relevent in this case but still worth noting.

NickT.
I had the same thing happen every time in the wet when I still had old yank tyres on my car. Even fairly careful acceleration in a bend caused the back end to start sliding, and the first few times I overcorrected and fishtailed up the road too. Changing to decent (Pirelli P600 I believe) rear tyres fixed it completely.
Rob Williams
DOC 475
VIN 17152
Could be a bit of diesel on the road or has been suggested a right foot :lol: TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Rottbott Wrote:I had the same thing happen every time in the wet when I still had old yank tyres on my car. Even fairly careful acceleration in a bend caused the back end to start sliding, and the first few times I overcorrected and fishtailed up the road too. Changing to decent (Pirelli P600 I believe) rear tyres fixed it completely.

I had the same problem Rob - remember that first year at Donington when it P'd it down???? I was on my yank tyres, and on the circuit I was ok, but back out on the roads, either coming out of a side road or pulling away from lights was a nightmare. I started pulling away in 2nd to try and stop the tyres spinning (no matter how gentle I was on the right pedal).

I'm now on Pirelli's and the car sticks to the road like puppy poo to a blanket Big Grin
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie