Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any one else thinking of doing a BTTF conversion?
lukebrynycz Wrote:Lookin' sweet Marty 8)
. Thanks Luke.

How are you going to get into the fuses I hear you ask? We'll that's the next job. Big Grin

This whole frame come out in less than 5 mins with no holes made in the Delorean at all Smile
Mike
Bingley, West Yorkshire
VIN 2493

"Hey you, get your dam hands off her"
The overhead console is coming on nicely. All lights are working, thanks to Alex the great Big Grin
Mike
Bingley, West Yorkshire
VIN 2493

i'm sure you have already got it sorted..…but just make sure you can get at your fuse box easily if needed.

I once had a breakdown with my BTTF car whist on a job. The attendee's all thought it was part of the show, as my header tank exploded just as I pulled up. Steam everywhere!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
What Chris said buddy. Make a hatch with a thin piece so it's easy to open. If your fuses start melting every second counts. Get a mini electrical extinguisher off eBay too.
http://www.deloreanhire.com
http://www.fusiontimetravel.co.uk

Ex 1981 DMC Delorean Time Machine owner.
Deloreanyorkshire Wrote:The overhead console is coming on nicely.

That's looking great, can't beat some overhead buttons for retro-high-tech feel.

Chris P Wrote:I once had a breakdown with my BTTF car whist on a job. The attendee's all thought it was part of the show, as my header tank exploded just as I pulled up. Steam everywhere!

Smile
Thanks every one.

The whole frame can come out in less than 5 mins. I am hoping that this will also be the case when all the props are attached. Saying this I will definitely be making some kind of access hatch to get to the fuses. The frame is currently in just to get the shape right. There is still a few more hours work still left Big Grin

lukebrynycz Wrote:What Chris said buddy. Make a hatch with a thin piece so it's easy to open. If your fuses start melting every second counts. Get a mini electrical extinguisher off eBay too.

Luke, I have just purchased an extinguisher. I am of course hoping I never need to use it
Mike
Bingley, West Yorkshire
VIN 2493

Deloreanyorkshire Wrote:Luke, I have just purchased an extinguisher. I am of course hoping I never need to use it

You and me both! First thing I bought though still.

Pop over this weekend!
http://www.deloreanhire.com
http://www.fusiontimetravel.co.uk

Ex 1981 DMC Delorean Time Machine owner.
Will do fella. Looking forward to the help with the interior wires Big Grin
Mike
Bingley, West Yorkshire
VIN 2493

Another day of time machine building
Mike
Bingley, West Yorkshire
VIN 2493

More pics of the interior build. The whole thing can now come out in less than 5 mins. No holes have been made in the car at all Big Grin Ready for the rest of props to be added now
Mike
Bingley, West Yorkshire
VIN 2493

dude thats looking awesome! Big Grin top work.

youve probably thought of this allready, but first thing that comes to mind is, if you crash, its gonna take your head off. have you clipped it in somehow?
RobScott Wrote:dude thats looking awesome! Big Grin top work.

youve probably thought of this allready, but first thing that comes to mind is, if you crash, its gonna take your head off. have you clipped it in somehow?

Thanks Rob

The design of the frame completely keeps the rear bulk secure. The aluminium panels are screwed on to the frame making it impossible to move. (The screws that attach the aluminium are not shown on the above pics).
Mike
Bingley, West Yorkshire
VIN 2493

sweet dude Mr Green

Keep the pictures coming, i'm loving this, personally i like this set up rather than a totally accurate replica. I do like the delorean time machine, but i dont get all the people being bitchy about peoples cars not being 100%.
Its all about enjoying the car you own.

Your average person is not going to know the difference. I bet if you just put the cooling fins on the back, flux cap inside and nothing else, people would think its the same as the film.
Thanks, yes my car can never be 100% as it's firstly got an incorrect bonnet with the gas flap and is has a black interior Big Grin saying that the props that will be attached are all cast from the A car so are in fact accurate (and a fortune to purchase )

I am a big fan of BTTF and admire all efforts of Replica Big Grin so if any one told me it's not 100% accurate I really couldn't care less
Mike
Bingley, West Yorkshire
VIN 2493

Looking good, and 'no holes' is good as well! best of both worlds that way.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584