Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delorean Wanted
Hi guys,

I am a long time observer, new member!

Looking for a Delorean to purchase over the next few months. Would prefer a grey interior manual (the most popular choice I believe!) I would also prefer the later model. Not afraid to do a bit of work, but somewhat a novice so would be learning as I go along (owning a 2001 P38 Range Rover has not been without it's issues and learning with that as I go along!)

Any direction/advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Paul Big Grin
Hi Paul and Welcome.

Do you mind me asking what your budget is and weather you want to import or buy a car already on the road in this country?

Ben
Hi Ben
Thanks for the welcome!

Doing my research over the last few years, I know decent cars can be anywhere between £18-22k in the UK.

Personally, I think £22k is a little steep considering you can buy a good example in the States and ship it over for less than that, I am open to the idea of importing one if the car is very clean and at a good price, but I would prefer to get one that is already in the UK.

I guess it comes down to what cars are available at what price!

Thanks
Paul
Quote:Doing my research over the last few years, I know decent cars can be anywhere between £18-22k in the UK.
I would say thats a very good assessment of the UK market, and we are heading towords the quieter part of the year where cars can be better value. However most are sold through the club mag or word of mouth through the club so I would strongley encourage you to join.
Importing is still a very good option and opens up a load more options to you.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Thanks Chris - I am going to join the club, reading through some of the previous topics and posts, you all seem like a really nice group and it is good to have the support structure there if/when anything goes wrong!
Hi Paul, welcome to the forum. Keep your eyes peeled on here, cars do crop up fairly often so its only a matter of time!

I'm not sure if there will be any more agtehrings this year for you to have a close look around a number of cars but the show season starts from about easter onwards if you want to see a few together in one pale at one time.

Whereabouts in the country are you?
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Just round the corner from you and me! ……. It its the Paul B I saw at the NEC and Last weekend!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Thanks Rich - will do!

Chris - I am in London although from Worcester), must be a different Paul B ! My brother went to the classic car show though (if that is what you are referring to) and sent me some pictures of a very smart Delorean there!
Well blow me! A small world with similar names. Its funny I was having just the same type of conversation with the other Paul…..then again I did over a dozen times at the NEC…..not all Paul's though. You will find the DOC is also full of Chris's.

You seem to have a healthy budget, so good luck.

One things for sure,putting your money in a DeLorean is a pretty safe bet. ( that is if its your money and not your banks! )
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian