Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeLoreans wanted for 'For the Love of Cars' TV Show CH4
Nigel Wrote:I can probably attend (RHD), although some times would be useful !

ayup Nigel!!! long time no speak, hope you and the family are well Big Grin
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Hi Everyone,
My name is Dan Nightingale and I’m sure most of you are aware that I’m working for a major UK Broadcaster on a new Car social history and restoration series, with one of the episodes all about The DeLorean. I have been working across the DeLorean community to make the best programme possible.

Chris Williams and the DOC as a whole have been very supportive of our efforts throughout this process and hopefully you’re all aware of our event on Saturday 14th of December in Hertford.

As the end celebration of our episode we want to bring as many DeLoreans together as possible. This day is all about the vehicle and bringing The DeLorean community out in force.

It would be great if you could make it. If you can then please get in touch and I’ll be able to provide you with more of the details personally.

Work Email: Daniel.nightingale@loveproductions.co.uk
Work Number: 0207 067 4875

From the 1st – 9th December, I will be filming in America as part of the series. I will be responding to my emails but if you have an urgent question then please feel free to call my colleague Louise Bandak on 0207 067 4884.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Dan
Regarding Nigel's Car AXI 1697, it was the only car that was fully British Homologated. It was worked by the senior engineers during the sit in. It was due to go on show the Motor show in Autumn 1982. It was eventually sold by Gerry Castle and Roger Jarman (both managers at the factory) to the Patrick Collection, nr Birmingham. ( the first picture was taken shortly after they bought it) They had a habit on putting on a Reg number the same year as the car…so it became SOA 82Y. I first saw it many years ago (the JZD mannequin is keeping guard)
As a grey Manual RHD Euro-spec its the most significant car that ever left the factory ( in my opinion) . It has subsequently been "fettled up " and regained its original reg number. Nigel is a very lucky boy to own this piece of history.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
so i guess it's not a secret anymore..!!!! http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news ... conic-cars
Yes thats the one! Big Grin I have posted a link on Facebook to this as well. As Ch4 have advertised it then it's all in the open (apart from the content Etc) They are also doing a series 1 Land Rover though not in the press release.
This event is still on for next weekend, though having had urgent phone calls over the last week there may be a change in location and possibly day :roll: As well as unforseen problems with the car they are restoring.
However as soon as I'm told I will Email/PM everyone with details as I get them.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Unfortunately the date has changed (again) :roll: This is now the confirmed dates/times for the weekend, I will 'PM' the people who have contacted me:

Hello all,

I hope this email finds you all well and you have all had a lovely weekend.

I am writing to update you of the dates and locations confirmed for this weekend’s shoot. I do apologise for things changing last-minute when we thought everything was already confirmed –this is unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances that we could not overcome.

Saturday 14th December: 2 x DeLorean owners and cars.

Tewin
Nr Welwyn
Herts
AL6 0JD

Sunday 15th December: As many owners as possible for our main ‘flash mob’ (preferably including the 2 x owners from Saturday)

Longcross Film Studios?
Chobham Lane?
Chertsey?
Surrey?
KT16 0EE

Times for both are still TBC but we fill finish no later than 16:00.

I have already heard from most of you already, and I know this date change isn’t ideal, but I would appreciate your confirmation for the days you can attend if I have not already heard from you, or if there are any changes to your availability.

Please do pass this on to as many owners as possible to try and recruit some others for the Sunday drive.

Very best wishes, and please do get in touch with any more queries at all.

Louise

Louise Bandak

cid:image001.gif@01CD3CEB.BDAB8C90

A: 43 Eagle Street | London | WC1R 4AT

T: +44 (0)20 7067 4884

M: +44 (0)7763 857867

E: louise.bandak@loveproductions.co.uk
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
cant do either of those days due to family commitments, plus both our cars are laid up and on SORN for winter anyway.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I'm afraid i'm with Claire on this, my car is Sorn and its just the wrong time of year….(apart from the fact that my wife has been poorly).

I do hope they get a good turn out.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Oh boy they did choose the wrong time of year. Family commitments for Sunday and car is sorn'ed anyway.

Pity, an event like Supercar Sunday would have been a better venue to have as many
cars as possible attend.

Nick H
DOC 650
Jaguar X-Type
Range Rover Sport SDV6 "Rufus" (Mrs H's motor)
DeLorean DMC 12 Vin#2862

My other hobby...
http://www.lccuk.org.uk/
Quote:Oh boy they did choose the wrong time of year.
Yes as I have mentioned before I think they have now realised this from the other clubs that are involved as well! They were aware of the main UK event in Whitby but because of other filming could not attend.
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for your support so far.

I have had a few people get back to me regarding our event this Sunday 15th December, but we really need more DeLoreans to make a real showcase of the marque.

I appreciate that it's a fair amount of effort to make for a Sunday and some of you have SORN your DeLorean or simply cannot make it.

However, if you are free on Sunday or can shift a few things around to make yourself free then we really need you to get involved and come support this DeLorean event. The more DeLoreans we have the better the end of the episode we be and the stronger the DeLorean community will look.

In an effort to cajole some more of you into coming we're now offering 45p a mile to cover your travelling expenses.

It would be great if some more members can make it. Please get in touch with me at daniel.nightingale@loveproductions.co.uk or directly on my mobile at 07786477707 and I will be able to supply you a few more details.

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Best,
Dan Nightingale
As Dan has mentioned I have managed to convince them that at 25p per mile this hardly covers fuel cost's therefore they have increased this to a more sensible 45p per mile. Please if any one is thinking of coming along either myself or Dan do need to know in advance. Myself or Dan will contact everyone with the times Etc so please do get in touch if you have not heard from either of us.
According to BBC weather it is supposed to be dry both Sat and Sunday as well.
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
I've contacted Dan with a few questions first, but am genuinely considering the journey down since my DeLorean isn't SORN'd and I've not had a good chance to drive her since the attempted break-in. I'd rather not since 45p a mile for 820 mile round trip is still leaves things rather raw, but if we can't get enough representation then I'll do my best to step up!
VIN 4494, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 757
Quote:but am genuinely considering the journey down since my DeLorean isn't SORN'd
Certinally the more the better as far as Dan is concerned, does seem a long way to travel in one day mind, but hopefully it would be worth it at least cost's are better covered now.
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
I've got problems as I'm still out working in Berlin at the moment and its quite likely I won't be able to do Sunday as a result.
Such a pain in the arse.... really wanted to help out with this one as my car has been out properly in about 2 years.

Still SORN and not MOT'd either so would be a trailer job Sad
Stuart
VIN# 5641 "Maddie"
DOC 414
Ware, Herts. UK

[Image: signature.jpg]

Emagine Productions

W: www.emagineproductions.co.uk