Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legenderry Motorshow - Edbrington Square Sun 6th Oct 2013
I took a trip up to Edbrington Square, (Previously the site of Edbrington Barracks) to the Legenderry car show which was being held to raise funds for Foyle Hospice and Strabane Day Centre. The event also marked the 50th anniversary of the Hilman Imp.

The main reason I took the jaunt up was to meet Martin (MML) a fellow DeLorean owner from Ireland, have a chat and see his car. I have to say his car is mighty fine example of a DeLorean, with only 17k on the clock, grey interior and manual transmission....Martins car is certainly a crowd puller and pleaser. The highlight of my day was getting a drive around Derrys Walled City in Martins DeLorean, see the reaction the car gets from your average joe as you drive along.....priceless.

Martin and I also met Ray McCrea, and ex DMC employee who worked on the emissions/rolling road test facility in the factory...he had nothing but good things to say about his time with the firm and the experience he gained. Thanks to Barry Wills (who according to Ray wrote letters to various motor manufacturing firms recommending staff during the final days of DMC) Ray managed to get a job with Rover and was involved in the development of the Rover 75.....Ray said he had a lot to thank Barry for.

[Image: unepy6e6.jpg]

[Image: u2y9yje7.jpg]

[Image: huhyquje.jpg]

[Image: e7e3urez.jpg]

[Image: e6e7ymyg.jpg]

[Image: ehadabus.jpg]

[Image: e8u2upym.jpg]

[Image: epe4ygat.jpg]

[Image: husy8u7e.jpg]

[Image: pyqevady.jpg]
The DeLorean DMC-12 - MADE IN BELFAST, MADE TO LAST
Great pictures, love the Firenza! How's your car coming along anyway? any updates/pictures?
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Hi David,

Lovely pictures, i'm seeing Barrie Wills in a few days and will pass on those comments, he'll be dead chuffed. I have pictures of the Rolling road in use, but prior to our book launch, I don't want to put ALL our pictures on the INTERWEB! If you have Rays contact details, PM me and ill send him some.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Chris Williams Wrote:Great pictures, love the Firenza! How's your car coming along anyway? any updates/pictures?
Chris

Chris W, the Firenza was in great shape....I think you need one to complement the DeLorean Wink

My car is currently residing in my parents garage as I get the parts together.

The car starts and the engine runs but it wont idle and my mechanic put it down to the metering head which has seized. I thought the MH was going to need refurbed however Thomas (DMC4087) managed to source me a working metering head from a Volvo 760 which I bought along with the plenum chamber and the distributor...the parts arrived last Wednesday. Also Thomas was able to identify that the metering head in my car wasnt original DeLorean.

I have ordered the Intake O Ring kit + hardware, a complete 13 piece Stainless Steel fuel line kit and Fuel Pump Boot from SpecialT Auto in the States...still a few more things to source like ignition leads etc.....at the same time I was juggling getting my garden landscaped and got a base in place for a garage to house the car which should be up and in place before Christmas.....money don't grow on trees so I have been taking on lots of overtime.

I should really do a rebuild thread for the forum.....I will see what I can do sometime this week.

Chris P Wrote:Hi David,

Lovely pictures, i'm seeing Barrie Wills in a few days and will pass on those comments, he'll be dead chuffed. I have pictures of the Rolling road in use, but prior to our book launch, I don't want to put ALL our pictures on the INTERWEB! If you have Rays contact details, PM me and ill send him some.

I was hoping you would see this thread Chris and pass on Ray's thanks to Barry.

Barry clearly cared about his staff and evidently did the best he could for them which has to be applauded....the spirit of human kindness was clearly alive and well in Barry despite being in the same situation himself, during those dark and final days in Dunmurry.

Ray also mentioned he had a DeLorean as a company car another snippet of info I had forgot to mention....at what stage in the DMC employee structure did staff obtain cars?

Martin has Rays contact details, which I have asked for and explained why you would like them, fingers crossed Ray wont mind them being passed on.
The DeLorean DMC-12 - MADE IN BELFAST, MADE TO LAST
Hi folks, I just sent Ray's details on to David, he'll pass them on shortly! It's always interesting meeting former DMC employees; David and I could have stood all day chatting to Ray. An absolute gentleman to talk to.
I've actually been lurking here for two years now, but I never posted.